Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see way to high of egt temps at wot it is 1700-1800 and 600-800 highway 80mph. looking at water meth kits to try cooling it down what is the best ones? I was also debating between watermeth or steed speed exhaust manifolds until i seen that u have to buy $700 up pipes for it. are there cheaper exhaust manifolds that will help lower my egts? i dont want to melt my pistons? mods are in my sig.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
From the information I've gathered water/meth is probably more dangerous then you high egts are. Try a ported intake and manifolds should give you a 350 degree drop

·
Registered
97 Posts
From the information I've gathered water/meth is probably more dangerous then you high egts are. Try a ported intake and manifolds should give you a 350 degree drop
if he sprays just water or a -0 rated fluid what is the danger? assuming it is installed as it should be and runs as it should.

·
whistle tits
3,498 Posts
Water meth is not the solution to your problem, neither are aftermarket exhaust manifolds. Whose tunes do you have?

·
Registered
128 Posts
your cruising egts sound fine for your mods and your WOT egts sound only a little too high. You could always have your tuner pull a little bit of fuel.

Does your RCD turbo still have a cast wheel in it? A billet wheel would help out. Also a ported intake manifold would help out.

Water with NO METH will definitely help out. But IMO I would get the egts where you want them and then make them even better with w/m kits. I would not use a w/m kit to get them to acceptable levels.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Twin turbos

·
Registered
50 Posts
Dual hpop might help atomize fuel better too. That will make things more manageable. Without ICP these are big smokey turds. The 100 nozzles might be too much for the stock pump to keep up with, depending on the tune.

I would look into the tuning though. Guys are running 285/100s on a stock turbo and not melting pistons.

You could pull the stock intake manifold and see how dirty it is too. If you just clean that it could help you out some.

·
Swamp trash...
247 Posts
A billet wheel does help. It pays to also smooth out the path of airflow with a ported intake and such.

·
Registered
97 Posts
they give the explaination of why it was not effective in that particular application. Does not mean it can not help others. I personally saw about a 150 degree drop in the upper temps.This was most apparent while towing. Before my w/m towing two sxs on a 20ft trailer up Saluda grade on I-26 I would have to back out of throttle and couldn't run over about 45-50mph by the time I hit the top of the hill. After w/m I can run 65-70 all the way up even slowdown to 45 or slower if I get stuck behind a semi then accelerate back to 65.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am running innovatives tunes right now but i am bringing it to truck source diesel to get it dynoed and tuned there. I took the intake off about 5,000 miles ago and cleaned it but i am going to do it again. I dont think the turbo is quit big enough for the injectors like i thought it would be because in my xtream tune it smokes way to much i have about 2 grand to put into the truck right now so i just want to get what ever is going to lower these egts id rather not melt my pistons. Also yes its the regular wheel that rcd puts in it not the billet one.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Let Chris tune your truck I have his spd tune love it

·
Registered
128 Posts
I am running innovatives tunes right now but i am bringing it to truck source diesel to get it dynoed and tuned there. I took the intake off about 5,000 miles ago and cleaned it but i am going to do it again. I dont think the turbo is quit big enough for the injectors like i thought it would be because in my xtream tune it smokes way to much i have about 2 grand to put into the truck right now so i just want to get what ever is going to lower these egts id rather not melt my pistons. Also yes its the regular wheel that rcd puts in it not the billet one.
If you get a billet wheel that will definitely help... also I could be wrong but i think the rcd 68mm runs just the standard 03 pmax turbine. If you have the cast compressor wheel and the standard 03/pmax turbine then that is not going to help the situation. The billet wheel would be a drop in wheel... but a new turbine wheel will require machine work. Either way you go... balancing is always best.

For your budget you I would get a billet wheel, ported intake manfiold, and tunes from Chris at TSD

1 - 15 of 15 Posts