Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What system are yall running like garmin ect i dont know to many names but I travel queit a bit and think maybe ill get one for christmas but dont wanna waste my money on some garbage. Can these things find roads that are very hard to find such as gravel ones? and can i select sort of my path of travel like wheather i want the scenic route or fastest way or shortest distance? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

I

·
0 Posts
What system are yall running like garmin ect i dont know to many names but I travel queit a bit and think maybe ill get one for christmas but dont wanna waste my money on some garbage. Can these things find roads that are very hard to find such as gravel ones? and can i select sort of my path of travel like wheather i want the scenic route or fastest way or shortest distance? Any info would be greatly appreciated.
I have a Gramin and it works pretty dam good. I can select fastest or shortest route. It has all the gas station's,hotel's and restaurants on it. Just make sure there are several million points of interest. My buddy just bought a Tom Tom and it has that virtual view thing on it and it works pretty good. But he is one of those guys that has to have the latest of everything. I really don't use it much but when I do it really takes the stress out trying to find an address..

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nobody else has one or any input? Do i have to pay extra for anything with these since you said make sure it comes with points of interest waht do you mean by that?

·
PSN Mega Miler
6,480 Posts
Well Ive got garmin and tom tom. The garmin is a module I added to my ddx512 stero and the tom tom is the 720 stand alone model.

The tom tom works great and no real problems with it till the last 2 software updates. Both caused headaches and ended up going back to an older version. It has a ton of "toys" and other features that honestly I never use.

The garmin has more of the local roads updated in it which suprised me to be honest and has a much better method for entering things when your looking up where to go.

The tom tom has a better setup system for picking whats shown on the navigation screen than the garmin.

The garmin is faster for finding where I want to go and the favorites are easier to work with.

If I had to chooes one or the other.... Id pick the garmin.

This is from a die hard tom tom fan also.

I

·
0 Posts
Nobody else has one or any input? Do i have to pay extra for anything with these since you said make sure it comes with points of interest waht do you mean by that?
What I mean by points of interest is let's say your spending the weekend someplace you have never been and your looking for a good place to get a steak. That would be a point of interest..

Let me take a quick look for you. I'll post a link for ya.

·
young and dumb
238 Posts
i have the dnx5120 from kenwood which has garmin navigation, same nav as the streetpilot series. i was driving in the middle of a forest on what looked like atv trails and they were marked on the gps. also it tracks so i tracked in in case i got lost. i love it.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well it looks like im going to be getting a garmin then but which model seems to be the best theres like 500 differnt models it seems on there site

I

·
0 Posts
Well it looks like im going to be getting a garmin then but which model seems to be the best theres like 500 differnt models it seems on there site
What model do you need is the question.. What is it that your looking to do with it.. Once a month, use it everyday,???
What do you need it to do?

I

·
0 Posts
The link I gave you from wally world for the 350 is more than I ever needed. I never used half the stuff on this thing..
$148.00 and your done..

·
Registered
331 Posts
i have the garmin nuvi 200 i love the shiz out of it. Have taken it on several road trips to places i had never been to and knew nothing about and had to trouble getting around or finding places to go. My suggestion is to get a WIDE model normal screen is just a little small.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ill probably use it every other week or so just depends on what where i have to go during the week so itll be used fairly often.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts