Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a great deal on a IDM and ECM from a 2002 7.3, the code is VDH2 its a DCP-462 hardware code. Will this ECM work in my truck? If not what will not work/what can I do to fix it?

Example: Like the the gauges will not work if I swap in this ECM and i have to use a 2002 cluster to fix it....or something like that?

thanks, Jimmy

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Try it and find out. Mine was an 02. Put in a 99 and my truck started. I forgot what worked and what didn’t though.

—————signature—————
~Don’t overthink something simple~
...:uptight people suck:...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
​ DieselDC;6156219 said:
Try it and find out. Mine was an 02. Put in a 99 and my truck started. I forgot what worked and what didn’t though.

—————signature—————
Thats kinda what I was thinking, probably can't hurt anything... just wanted to hear from others and see if anyone has already done it. Everyone seems to be all about the PMT1 or 2.... didn't know if the VDH are to be avoided for some reason.......

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Vdh is the newest (vdh5) for 02-03 SD.

—————signature—————

·
Registered
1 Posts
​ DieselDC;6156411 said:
Vdh is the newest (vdh5) for 02-03 SD.

—————signature—————
Will this be okay/work fine in a early 99 f250?

·
Administrator
8,238 Posts
What is your current pcm code?

·
Project Shamu
2,719 Posts
I think the DPC code just has to match... not entirely sure though.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So I swapped it in and the 120 IDM and now my WATER IN FUEL light is on on my dash. I haven't driven it yet i changed it on my lunch and I'm still at work a few hours so I have no idea on how it drives but has anyone else experienced this or does anyone have any idea what it could be.????? please help?!

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
We (I) already told you swapping a vdhxxx into your 99 will work but features you hàd / or us missing/ or improvements isn’t uncommon b/c you’re not using the pcm for your year. Us guys use pretty much the hex code per year production date per truck to make a good match up in old and used pcm so we don’t run into issues (no biggie if we do).

This is a free forum. We don’t get paid to help you and there are no kick backs doing so. You need to relax. If you want quick answers, take it into ford or a reputable shop. I can almost guarantee you what you’re having a shop will not have a straight answer and will give you the answer I gave you. That’s the answer swamps diesel gave me (Jonathan). Most of us come on here to help the new guys asking a “repetitive” question that they could have found googling but you don’t see us with our panties in a knot for hearing the same question some dude asked last week?!!!

—————signature—————

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Will this be okay/work fine in a early 99 f250?

I don’t see why not or at least I didn’t have trouble starting my 02 with it. I even ran a REALLY HOT hydra tune from a 99 with my vdh2 (I have vdh2, vdh4, vdh5 pcm s). All my dash lights worked and no codes thrown.

—————signature—————

·
Administrator
8,238 Posts
And you never gave me the original hex code either so I could give you the right pcm codes to use. Plus it’s Saturday. People here usually have more important stuff to do.

·
<- Sums it up
1,739 Posts
I have an E99(XLE4) truck with a PCM from a 2000(PMT2). I now have a cruise light when cruise control its activated that didn't exist with the E99 pcm. But I have a constant code, when scanned, for the intake heater that didn't exist in my truck but is part of the newer PCM. My chip from Jody at DP Tuner is set to not throw a CEL for the intake heater, plus a few other things. It will work but may not work as you want it because it was designed to operate with different injectors and a more powerful HPOP.

I hope this helps some.

Keep Strokin'

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have an e99 which had the xle4 computer stock. I am currently running a nvk3 so I can run pmt tuning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 15 of 15 Posts