Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Old But Sexy
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is better? is the vb worth the extra money..I got a B.D t.c.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
BTS VB would be tuned to your mods by a expert..also if the trans dies and you get a BTS you will get credit.

·
Registered
745 Posts
A valve body is way easier. To do a shift kit you better set aside a whole day and leave the beer in the frig. There is a lot to doing a shift kit I did the tugger and had to drop my pan 3 times due to dumb mistakes. If i had to do it over i would have just ordred a VB.

·
Old But Sexy
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so BTS valve body is the way to go?

·
Registered
15,561 Posts
umm it took me and catrebal like 30mins to do a trans go shift kit in my truck, so I dont see why you need to set aside a whole day. it wasnt that hard, the directions were super easy to read. granted it isnt a "tuned" valve body but with tonys tunes it shifts nice and smooth and firm, even with out the chip it shifts great

best $50 I should have spent when I got my truck.

·
Registered
745 Posts
umm it took me and catrebal like 30mins to do a trans go shift kit in my truck, so I dont see why you need to set aside a whole day. it wasnt that hard, the directions were super easy to read. granted it isnt a "tuned" valve body but with tonys tunes it shifts nice and smooth and firm, even with out the chip it shifts great

best $50 I should have spent when I got my truck.
You did not do the entire tugger kit than.

·
Registered
15,561 Posts
there a difference between the trans go tugger kit and the basic shift kit which is what I did. either way it wont take a day to do the install.

·
Registered
15,561 Posts
hmm according to that the BTS VB uses a trans go plate and prolly the same parts...... wonder what the truth is to that.

Dont see anywhere where it says it took a day to do the install I would say 2-4 hrs at max for a tugger kit.

anyways lets not muck this thread up.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
hmm according to that the BTS VB uses a trans go plate and prolly the same parts...... wonder what the truth is to that.

Dont see anywhere where it says it took a day to do the install I would say 2-4 hrs at max for a tugger kit.

anyways lets not muck this thread up.
AFAIK, the plate had the Transgo stamp on it. However, he does drill it out to your specs and he also checks the thing to make sure that nothing else is worn out. Could stuff be worn? Dunno but when I did the shift kit for my 700R4, we didn't check it. It worked fine but who knows what would happen if the bores were bad?

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
A vote for a JW valve body here. I think he uses the tugger kit with some additional mods. Couldn't be happier. Check the latest issue of Diesel Power mag for a write up on John Wood. The dp helps also.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts