Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you use the Valvoline Premium Blue Synthetic oil Autozone has a great deal right now...4 gallons of oil and a filter for $49.99. The filter is some STP piece of crap, but they let me upgrade to a Motorcraft filter for $9 more..this puts you at $58.99 plus tax for the oil and an OE Ford filter....deal is good through April 7. Get it while the gettin is good!

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Synthetic? Are you spekaing of the Blue Extreme 5w40? If so that is a almost unbelievable price? It is the only diesel version of synthetic that I know of that Valvoline makes. The other blue is 15w40 buts it dino.

If there is no mix up on oil type here that is at a 75% off normal retail price. This stuff is normally mid $20s unless on sale whihc the best up to now was NAPA @ $19 but that IIRC is over now.

·
Registered
4,865 Posts

·
Caption This
4,259 Posts
but they let me upgrade to a Motorcraft filter for $9 more..
That was real nice of them to let you do that. That filter costs $10 outright.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Schucks/ORielly is running a special now for the Valvoline blue dino $ 9.00 a gallon, limit of six gallons.

·
We put the FU! in FUN
1,625 Posts
Schucks/ORielly is running a special now for the Valvoline blue dino $ 9.00 a gallon, limit of six gallons.
How long is that good for? I make a few trips lol and stock up a little

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
If you are going to be running the autoRX cleaning flush then this would be a great oil to stock up on for it as becasue of ester coupling it works best for cleaning phase with dino oil not oils with POA and certainly not group V esters.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I jsut checked their online flier print and its the regular 15w40 dino oil. Its still the HD diesel buts its not synthetic.:( http://www.autozone.com/dyn/dyn/MEDIA_ProductCatalog/m1300231_circular_pdf_slot_1.pdf

Still not a bad deal at all.
I guess I got lucky at the register...I grabbed the synthetic extreme Valvoline, put it on the counter and asked about the filter...parts guy showed me the add, adjusted the price on the cash register(he said sale items do not always ring up at the correct price) and charged me $49.99 plus the filter upgrade! Sure hope the guy doesn't get in trouble over this!

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
OH you got away with a very good one time deal. Very doubtful the guy woudl get in any trouble unless he does that for the whole stock etc.. Normally in this day and age the register should have prevented that when it was scanned in. Someone likely got lazy when inputting the discount codes for the sale. Might want to think about going back and seeing if you can get another 4 gals each day if you have the cash. You are bascially getting a $50 discount off the BEST SALE PRICE for that Extreme oil which was /is $20 a gallon or $80 for 4 Versus 49.99 - 10 for the filter so 40 or $10 per gallon of the EXtreme oil. That's a hell of a great deal cough cough mistake you are benefiting from.

·
Caption This
4,259 Posts
Let me know where you are buying Motorcraft filters for $10 so I can stock up...the Ford filter is $19.99..
I usually buy mine at Wal Mart because that is where I usually buy my oil. But you can buy them for that price at many places, $9.99 at Autozone, $9.99 at O'Reilly's, $10.49 at Advance. If you really want to "stock up", you can probably buy them for that price by the case from Ford.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I did the same thing today, but they just let me take the motorcraft filter instead of the stp.. just rang it up like i was buying the stp filter.. i always and only use napa filters but i figured id go with the motorcraft this time around since i was getting such a good deal....

·
Registered
162 Posts
I'm pretty sure my Walmart here has them for around $10.00...i might be mistaken.....i'll check....time for a new fishing license anyway...rsbhunter

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
IS a Moblie 1 oil Filter Good? Been using it ever since i got my truck but was wondering if the stock onesa are better

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
I'm pretty sure my Walmart here has them for around $10.00...i might be mistaken.....i'll check....time for a new fishing license anyway...rsbhunter
Sounds about right. I think they are actually 9.97 for the motorcraft.

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
IS a Moblie 1 oil Filter Good? Been using it ever since i got my truck but was wondering if the stock ones a are better
Here is some good reading. Its not about our specific filters but tells how all the various filters are made and what makes a good and bad filter. Good reading and info none the less. http://www.corolland.com/oil-filters.html

TO answer you question quickly I will pull from it. Mobile One's filters are made by Champion and are one of the the best if not the best filters made in wide spread general distribution. Now each manf of actual filters can make different levels of quality per the request of the company so you can not only go off who made it.

·
Registered
162 Posts
synthectic media??????

Just a note, while i was at Wally World last night, noticed on the "filter selection machine" that there is also a Motorcraft filter for the strokes that uses synthectic filtering media!!!! They didn't have one, but curious about this....is it a better filter???? Any one know of this?:confused: Thanks, rsbhunter

1 - 20 of 33 Posts