Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
40 lug nuts
3,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like NAPA has the Valvoline Premium Blue Extreme (5w-40 synthetic) on sale for $19.99 / gallon. I just picked up 4 gallons for $85 with tax and will definitely be going back for more.

Guy said he thinks the sale runs through the month of April.

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
Yep just got some myself its always that much with my shop discount :D

·
40 lug nuts
3,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep just got some myself its always that much with my shop discount :D
Sucks for me. LOL You should move to FL....the weather here kicks azz. And you could get me oil cheap. LOL

·
Caption This
4,258 Posts
Looks like NAPA has the Valvoline Premium Blue Extreme (5w-40 synthetic) on sale for $19.99 / gallon. I just picked up 4 gallons for $85 with tax and will definitely be going back for more.

Guy said he thinks the sale runs through the month of April.
I'd rather have 5 gallons of Rotella 15-40 and $34.

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
Sucks for me. LOL You should move to FL....the weather here kicks azz. And you could get me oil cheap. LOL
#### man i would love to lol Its freaking COLD ASS CHIT HERE :doh:

·
"Smoke A Lil Smoke"
2,054 Posts
wow thats what I pay for shaeffers and thats napas sale price?

·
40 lug nuts
3,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wow thats what I pay for shaeffers and thats napas sale price?
It sure is. I initially thought he charged me the wrong price and found out it was on sale.

I'll be stocking up this month. :D

·
40 lug nuts
3,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'd rather have 5 gallons of Rotella 15-40 and $34.
$34 for every 4k miles comes out to about an extra $10 every 1k miles (I'm factoring in that you're getting an extra gallon). Or roughly an extra $.01/mile.

Worth it to me.

·
Caption This
4,258 Posts
$34 for every 4k miles comes out to about an extra $10 every 1k miles (I'm factoring in that you're getting an extra gallon). Or roughly an extra $.01/mile.

Worth it to me.
Some people enjoy paying for a fantasy, and that's ok with me.

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
And we would rather have a truck that runs better.
LOL Ya It really does make a huge diff over Rotela truck runs way smother!!!
ITS WORTH ALL THE EXTRA COIN AND ALOT OF GUYS LIKE DOUG AND ADAM IIRC RUN 10,000 MILES BETWEEN CHANGES

·
The Ontaribertan.
213 Posts
I just checked the Napa Canada flyer and I don't think this sale extends north of the border haha. I'll have to give them a call or take a trip. Thats a solid deal.

When it comes to synthetic oil, how can the argument even be made about it costing more when its safe to run it almost twice as long between changes?

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
I just checked the Napa Canada flyer and I don't think this sale extends north of the border haha. I'll have to give them a call or take a trip. Thats a solid deal.

Try calling them...If you have a buddy with a shop/buisness account its always 20-24 a gallon.

·
The Ontaribertan.
213 Posts
Hmm. A buddy of mine is a GM mechanic, maybe if the sale isn't on here, I'll see what he could get it for. Thanks for the advice.

·
40 lug nuts
3,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Some people enjoy paying for a fantasy, and that's ok with me.
Some people will also try to put what they believe is the best product in their motor. Others will choose to go with whatever is the least expensive.

·
Caption This
4,258 Posts
Some people will also try to put what they believe is the best product in their motor.
Yes I know, that is the fantasy I was speaking of. Some people even believe that 5000 mile synthetic oil is better for their engine than new conventional oil.

Others will choose to go with whatever is the least expensive.
I don't use the cheapest I can find but Rotella isn't much more expensive than the cheapest. I do use Rotella instead of Delo because Delo costs more.

·
diesel and nothing else
1,620 Posts
Kennworth dealership always has it in stock, price is around 22$cad. incl.tax

·
Captain Negativity!
3,109 Posts
Yes I know, that is the fantasy I was speaking of. Some people even believe that 5000 mile synthetic oil is better for their engine than new conventional oil.

I don't use the cheapest I can find but Rotella isn't much more expensive than the cheapest. I do use Rotella instead of Delo because Delo costs more.
No fantasy with 2 trucks over 100k on 10-12k mile oil changes and no injector issues.

·
Caption This
4,258 Posts
No fantasy with 2 trucks over 100k on 10-12k mile oil changes and no injector issues.
Oh wow, 100,000 miles and no injector issues. What an accomplishment.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts