Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Offical Puddle Displacer
2,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i saw it on sale today figured id pass the info along to thoes buying oil in the near future

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Is that the syntetic or no? I just paid 19.99/gallon for the 5w40.

Chad

·
Registered
54 Posts
That stuff sucks. I burn a couple quarts every 1000 miles with it. Others really like it though. Delo stays put in my crankcase these days. I think its the best oil cost, availability, effectiveness and burn off rate.

·
Offical Puddle Displacer
2,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That stuff sucks. I burn a couple quarts every 1000 miles with it. Others really like it though. Delo stays put in my crankcase these days. I think its the best oil cost, availability, effectiveness and burn off rate.
i dont use it either i use mobil delvac, but alot of people do so i was just passing on the info. im not trying to start an oil war

·
Registered
935 Posts
Just picked up 8 gallons and did a short oil change at 3100. Had Rotella in my truck and it did not like it.

BTW this is the 15W-40, not the full syn 5W-40.

·
Diesel Therapist
153 Posts
Dang!! just changed oil the other day and delvac was on sale so I got it. I really liked how my truck ran on the Blue. Delvac is good too though. I have run Delo, Blue and Motorcraft. Of those Blue has been the best o my truck. We'll see how the Delvac does.

·
Offical Puddle Displacer
2,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dang!! just changed oil the other day and delvac was on sale so I got it. I really liked how my truck ran on the Blue. Delvac is good too though. I have run Delo, Blue and Motorcraft. Of those Blue has been the best o my truck. We'll see how the Delvac does.
im happy with the delvac idles much better than it did on the rotella. starts alot better cold as well. dont have a uoa but from what i can tell its definatley an improvement

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
I just switched to the premium blue extreme 5w40( synthetic ) in mine and for the few minutes it's been running since the injector stall I can tell a HUGE difference! I got it for 19.99 a gallon at Napa

Chad

·
Registered
54 Posts
i dont use it either i use mobil delvac, but alot of people do so i was just passing on the info. im not trying to start an oil war
No worries man, I was just passing on my experience with it and yes it was the regular non synthetic valvoline. How do you like the Delvac compared to Delo(if you have tried Delo)?

·
Registered
476 Posts
I bought the valvoline synthetic 5w/40 from O'reily's a couple weeks ago for 16.99 a gallon.

·
Junior Mint
2,461 Posts
Guys, I've been running the Valvoline Blue Synthetic for the last year or two.

Basically at 4600-4700 miles on this last oil change the truck developed some serious runnability issues, thread here:

Truck acts like it gels up and runs out of fuel, but it's not! Help... - PowerStrokeNation

...and after my failed attempts to diagnose the problem it turned out the entire problem was worn motor oil.

I had already decided to swap to Schaeffer's 9000 and had it on the shelf but I did catch some of the failing Valvoline oil and got it off to Blackstone labs for analysis. I'll report back what they find.

FOR THE RECORD: My truck is highly modified, has twin HPOP oil pumps w/ only one IPR, and I sort of drive the living crap out of it. We actually did some custom tuning on that last batch of oil and it was subjected to many full throttle runs during that time as well.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts