Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How exactly are you guys doing them? I am about to do the comp 910's when I swap injectors. I understand you use the glow plug hole to put pressure in the cyl. What size is the glow plug hole so I can find my correct air fittings? And should the injector be in or out? how much pressure should you apply. 100-120 psi?

Thanks!:ford:

·
Pearson's Diesel
473 Posts
You can get the pistons top dead center and use them to hold the valves up. Thats how I did them.

·
I like turtles
2,604 Posts
Injector can be in. Otherwise air would leak out. I used the glow plug hole and mad a adaptor to run air in. I came up with the perfect tool to do this. Go to local harware store and buy a greae gun hose. The one end has same threads as a glow plug. Then go to pipe and fitting section and convert it up to a air chuck fitting. Worked awesome.

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
MAr4ty had a greaty video he made that went over step by step doing the valves and a number of toehr things. I checked the link and its now broken or passworded.

Marty,

Anyway you could do an updated links to those videos as they sure are helpful for people doing this stuff for the first time. Or is there an updated post or thread with them?

This thread Maintain's Install Info..lots of good stuff here!! - Powerstroke Nation

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I KNOW, I tried watching Marty's vid and noticed it was broken about 2 weeks ago, I've been meaning to get in touch with him anyways

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Injector can be in. Otherwise air would leak out. I used the glow plug hole and mad a adaptor to run air in. I came up with the perfect tool to do this. Go to local harware store and buy a greae gun hose. The one end has same threads as a glow plug. Then go to pipe and fitting section and convert it up to a air chuck fitting. Worked awesome.
Sounds good man... 100 or psi, right?

·
I like turtles
2,604 Posts
I think I had mine set at 90. I still put motor on top dead center to be safe. Make sure you have a small magnet on hand to

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oh yeah, not taking any chances there

·
Registered
182 Posts
how do you check to make sure there is 125lbs of seat pressure?

·
Wheelie Dude
2,126 Posts
With the injs out put a wire in the inj hole and turn the engine over till its at tdc for that cylinder and change the springs. No need for air pressure, air pressure can come back to bite you if its not TDC or BDC cause you could pump it up take the springs off then the engine suddenly turn over and suck the valves down into the cylinder. If it is TDC they can not fall no matter what.

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
With the injs out put a wire in the inj hole and turn the engine over till its at tdc for that cylinder and change the springs. No need for air pressure, air pressure can come back to bite you if its not TDC or BDC cause you could pump it up take the springs off then the engine suddenly turn over and suck the valves down into the cylinder. If it is TDC they can not fall no matter what.

Never thought of that. That would suck. Let me guess how you found that out:poke: Glad you mentioned its.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Good point, If TDC is sufficient, I will skip the air

1 - 13 of 13 Posts