Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Catfish Mafia
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what should i do while i'm in there? i need to change my gaskets and was wondering what all should be done maintenance and performance wise? are springs a biatch? i need to do headstuds, but heard somewhere that you gotta pull the injectors. true? was thinking about a compression test too, but kinda nervous about what i may find out. what else should i look at or modify? this is something i havent done before.

·
Registered
159 Posts
All those mods in your signature and you've never dont these things?

·
Registered
159 Posts
hahaha i know i made a dumb response. ignore me.

·
Catfish Mafia
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol.. i know, right? just nothing i got around too. just put a gq turbo from *** on this past weekend. thats when things started messing up. NOT because of the turbo, i just wiggled too much crap while doing the install. i had to unplug the injector harnesses to change plenums and disconnect the fuel lines on the passenger side of the bowl. when i got it all hokked up again and started.. it idled real rough. well i thought it was just some air in the fuel lines from being opened up. took it around the block a bit and didnt help. unhooked the harnesses again and sprayed some elctrical cleaner in there. that helped momentarily.. and i got to air out the new turbo :bowfast:. anyway, started idling rough again.. more cleaner.. worked a run or two. left for the store my last night home.. was running rough. i said feck it and kept going. ended up getting stranded 2miles from home. got it towed home and havent beenable to mess with it since. figure its gotta be the harnesses. if i had access to a scanner, i could check for sure.. but i wanna open it up anyway, cuz like you said.. i've never done these things. :poke:

·
Catfish Mafia
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
birds?? wtf? i am so confused

·
Registered
159 Posts
Believe or not i am having the same trouble as well with rough idle. After i had the valve covers off to change glow plugs. I am getting the truck plugged into a scanner in couple days i''ll let ya know how it develops. My diesel mechanic bud i talked to said the problem is probably in the harness in the engine valley.

·
Catfish Mafia
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ya seth, that is just what i am figuring. after 235k miles and 11 years electrical connectors dont like to be disturbed. i could prolly get in there and fidget with it enough to make it work, but like i said.. wanna do some other stuff anyway.

·
Registered
159 Posts
All i can say is i hope that what i need to replace etc is not too expensive.

·
Catfish Mafia
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
lol.. gotcha. hukt on foniks..:poke: LOL wish i was drunk postin.. stuck at work here. :mad:

·
Catfish Mafia
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
seth, got a quote on the gaskets today. about 170 for the pair, but i have a friend at a stealership that is gettin me those and a cps for 140. :D

·
Registered
686 Posts
ya seth, that is just what i am figuring. after 235k miles and 11 years electrical connectors dont like to be disturbed. i could prolly get in there and fidget with it enough to make it work, but like i said.. wanna do some other stuff anyway.
My baby had 265k and 9 years unmolested. The only problems I've had are the ones I've caused changing turbos injectors and hpops. Notice there all plural and I still fuk something up each time....lol

·
Catfish Mafia
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My baby had 265k and 9 years unmolested. The only problems I've had are the ones I've caused changing turbos injectors and hpops. Notice there all plural and I still fuk something up each time....lol
ya, its crazy how just a simple weekend of upgrades leads to a month of repairs! :doh:

·
HP Junky
4,927 Posts
Sorry about the misfortune, seems like there's always something when you start tinkering on these things. You said you didn't get much run time on that new turbo, but be sure ot let us know how it runs once the other bugs are worked out...

PS-Let us know what we can do to help

·
Catfish Mafia
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sorry about the misfortune, seems like there's always something when you start tinkering on these things. You said you didn't get much run time on that new turbo, but be sure ot let us know how it runs once the other bugs are worked out...

PS-Let us know what we can do to help
jacob, i plan on letting yall know once i get her on the road again fo sho! i only really got to open it up for a few minutes, but DAYUMM! this turbo just keeps on pulling! wish i could have put it on the highway and really let it breathe. still managed to peg my 30 psi gauge in notime. not sure about egt's yet cuz i gotta replumb the pyro, but the smoke is definitely lighter. its gonna be a little while before i can tinker again, but you'll get a phonecall i'm sure! you have been a HUGE help so far! :D

·
Catfish Mafia
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Or stuck 1 mile from your house having a chevy gasser pull you home...lol
dude, that was my exact situation.. only it was a duramax. :pointlaugh: at least it was a pretty sweet dually.. lift, exhaust, rockstar rims. he had a tough time gettin that big a$$ off the ground though. :evil

·
All done now
22,483 Posts
You don't have studs in there. Or springs. Good chance to do them both. Simple. Time consuming, but easy.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts