Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any one have any good ideas about removing the valve cover vent from the intake tube and running it on the ground and plugging the hole in the intake boot?

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
I run mine off the turned around ccv with 3/4 inch hose to the brakebooster. Then I have a pvc ellbow to shoot the hose straight down. I did not like the way the hose would bend and collapse over the brake booster, the elbow eliminated that.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the ideas everyone

·
Registered
504 Posts
Im replacing my heater hose with oil resistant hose as well. The heater hose gets spongy and leaks around the fittings. At least mine does. I got the oil resitant hose from Gooding Rubber Company for I think 1.67/ft

·
Need a ride.
553 Posts
Another vote for the CCV vent to atmosphere, just remember to run the hose over the master cylinder then down, no kinks or you'll have bigger problems.

·
All done now
22,483 Posts
I built a catch can. I got 14' of 3/4, fuel hose from Northern Tool. Running from the valve cover to the catch can. From the catch can back to the intake. That way it will work like stock. I have a drain on the bottom of the catch can. I will drain the can when I do an oil change.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Got my from Stealth Automotive. Top set up.;)

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
for those out there that made your own what did you plug the hole in the bottom of the intake tube with , or what did you replace that part with?

·
Registered
324 Posts
4 inch exhaust pipe replaces the connector nicely.

·
Registered
81 Posts
To plug the hole, i took a piece of hose, flattened one side and taped it together. I attatched the other side to the bung or whatever you call it and done.

For the guys who vented to atmosphere and ran the hose to the back of the truck, where did you run the hose without having a low spot?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts