1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
In my opinion stick with the OEM ones.

·
OBS Stroker
1,004 Posts
I've installed the ebay jobber ones for my friends, but I put OEM ones in my truck.
The jobber ones work, but they feel cheaply made compared to the Motorcraft ones.

Your decision, I guess.
I can't say any of the cheap ones I have installed have failed.....yet.

If your dealer doesn't give you a good price, I could see why you'd go to the other option, though.

·
Terminator Nation
5,119 Posts
some posters have reported that the Dorman VCs have actually been miswired through the plugs or have poor connections. You can generally find Motorcraft VCs on ebay. I once found 5 of them for about $70. Also check RockAuto.com or site sponsors. The Dormans cost more than other brands listed on Rockauto.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Im currently in the middle of putting some new injectors in my truck and am in need of new valve cover gaskets and wires. I was wondering if ford is the only way to go or if there were any aftermarkets available, read a lot about dorman being bad but the posts were pretty old. any luck with them now or are they still garbage? I need some fairly quickly but if I have to go OEM then ill order what I have to. Thanks

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
If you need them quick go with Dorman. I have heard both good and bad, but you take your chances. The bad was problems with the pass through wires which sounded like a quality control problem which should be taken care of.

·
Registered
434 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well I think I may be part of the Dorman crew since they are cheaper and i can't score a set of motorcraft for at least a couple days

1 - 8 of 8 Posts