Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Got Bost???
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anyone has info on drilling the valve body to quicken/firm up shifts. I know Ive seen it before but cant find it.

·
Got Bost???
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats the picture I remember seeing, but I dont know what size holes to drill.

·
Registered
14,569 Posts
Cool. Just wondering. Some asshat is going to come through eventually and tell you just to buy a valve body... But ignore them.

·
Got Bost???
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea and I have talked with brian about building me a vb, but I dont feel like dumping 325 on a trans that I know is not going to last. If I had the money Id do a full bts and be done but just dont have $4600 kicking around. So for now just going to experament with what I have, cant make it any worse.

·
riverjet
459 Posts
Wondering if anyone has info on drilling the valve body to quicken/firm up shifts. I know Ive seen it before but cant find it.
Use a.120 drill bit on the v-notches to deepen them. GOOGLE Sonnex and you will find more info.As to the BTS valve body,I am sure it's great.Brian himself said to me his valve body is not the end all solution the forrums would have you belive.I use the Transgo with some Sonnex shift valves very similar to what he uses.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
You could buy an actual shift kit like the Transgo, and the instructions should be included.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts