Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to install a bts valve body today and the filter screen under the origional valve body was not there. Been runnin for who knows how long without it. Will I screw it up by installing the new vb w/o the screen?

Thanks

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
You need the screen. Go to a local trans shop and see if you can get one from them on the cheap.

·
owner/president
2,768 Posts
Go to CarQuest and save some money.

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
Wait is he talking about the filter in the pan or the screen between the valvebody and case?

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
When I installed my vb I'm almost sure the trans was orig and had no screen between vb & case. It still does not have one.

·
owner/president
2,768 Posts
When I installed my vb I'm almost sure the trans was orig and had no screen between vb & case. It still does not have one.
:whs: I tought he was referring to the filter as well.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Talking about the screen between the vb and trans body not the filter that draws fluid from the pan.

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
That's what I thought. Give Brian a call since you are in his neck of the woods. He could get you set right up.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I talked to Brian a couple days ago and he said not to worry about it. He mentioned that they see a lot of them with out the filter.

Thanks for the response guys

·
Former Ford Trans Engr.
3,101 Posts
That screen is there to catch machining chips that are left over from the manufacturing process. You don't need to replace it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts