Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
STILL LEARNING
18,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy has come the the relization that he does not need his truck, it just sits there. So he wants to sell but he is not sure what it is worth.

The good...It is a 97 F250 supercab Powerstroke, auto, 4x4 XLT, 40-20-40 seats, two-tone silver-black,Eagle 589 wheels w 285/75/16 sport kings about half tread, 3rd owner,165k, full exhaust, PAC exhaust brake, new tailgate, alum diamond plated bed caps,t-gate,front bed protectors, add-a-leaf in the front springs, Has a 3-4 leaf over load leaves in the rear,Tow mirrors(folded in),very clean for the milage

The bad...Blisters starting on the passenger side bed wheel well, Weak injector(has lopy idle when started in park) If started in neutral or w foot very lightly on throttle , NO lope. Runs perfect otherwise.

So whats it worth?
0626091817a.jpg

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
I just bought a 97, sc, lb 4x4, 165k, some rust bubbles, (minnesota truck), completely stock but had a bunch of maintenance done to it within the last year and I paid $6000.00- bought it from a friend and he had just put $4k into it. hope that helps

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
In WA that's a $7-8k truck. I paid $6,800 for my 95 back in April but I think I got a really good deal.

·
Aint going anywhere fast
3,258 Posts
I would give 6500-7000 for it.

·
STILL LEARNING
18,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats it? I guess this truck is just going to have to go missing for insurane reasons:eek: At least the insurance would give 8k+

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Yeah my mom suggested we do that with my step dad's old Expedition. It had 220k on it but still blue booked at 12k. We ended up selling it for 5500.

·
STILL LEARNING
18,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah. what gives? Is it the economy?

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Who knows? I think fuel prices last summer brought them down and they just have not recovered.

·
Premium Member
7,509 Posts
Yeah. what gives? Is it the economy?
Well partly because its 12yrs old and the other because most start having problems like you stated...

The bad...Blisters starting on the passenger side bed wheel well, Weak injector(has lopy idle when started in park) If started in neutral or w foot very lightly on throttle , NO lope. Runs perfect otherwise.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
The economy is deff one problem. Another like said with the injectors loping mine lopes to on stock when I 1st bought it. I paid 5,500 140,000 miles on it. I bought it last year in june with one side of the bed wrecked from the guy hiting a tree. It had a reman ford tranmisson in it. All ball joints were replaced with ones that were cheaper then hell cause one side is geting loose already. Drive gear slips when temp gauge gets to 180 needs glow plugs also.

·
Gone Broke
1,072 Posts
I would at least try to get $8 out of it. It looks real nice and who knows you might get lucky and get it sold. But its tough to sell these things now with economy and fuel prices.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I gave $750 for a 95 F250 4x4 xlt with 330,000 miles, no rust, and everything works except the front hubs.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts