Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. New here. I removed my turbo pedestal to replace the O ring. What a pain!! Anyway, I managed to drop my 10mm socket down the drain hole. Question 1, where does the hole go? 2. How do I retrieve it? 3. How much damage is it going to cause?
Thanks

·
2000 F350 SuperDuty 4x4
1,009 Posts
That's a bummer!

The drain hole goes to the back of the block, but is somewhat "blocked" by the trans adapter plate, so it probably wouldn't fall down against the flywheel/flexplate.

If you have a mechanic's magnet on a stick, you might be able to gently put it into the drain hole and pull it out... providing nothing has been disturbed.

~Al

Attachments

·
Project Shamu
2,401 Posts
That's a bummer!

The drain hole goes to the back of the block, but is somewhat "blocked" by the trans adapter plate, so it probably wouldn't fall down against the flywheel/flexplate.

If you have a mechanic's magnet on a stick, you might be able to gently put it into the drain hole and pull it out... providing nothing has been disturbed.

~Al
I think he means it fell into one of the oil passages for the turbo? If it fell into the motor, its likely that it made its way to the pan. But I'm not sure

·
2000 F350 SuperDuty 4x4
1,009 Posts
Found this pic on the interwebs.

Kinda shows the back of the block...

·
2000 F350 SuperDuty 4x4
1,009 Posts
Maybe...

·
Super Moderator
8,057 Posts
If it’s not there you might want to toss a wrench on the crank bolt and spin the motor over to see it fall out the bottom

1 - 9 of 9 Posts