Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dads late 99 he found his pump was running so he bought a new one and its doing the same thing. anyone know anything about this thing?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Pry would be a Jose leaking at or on the way to one of the hubs if it's four wheel drive.
If it is running all the time and if a 4X4 the hose to the hubs would not have anything to do with it as there is no vacuum there untill the switch on the dash is turned to 4X4. There is a vacuum leak some where, check the hoses from the pump to under the dash.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I also have the same issue with my 2000 F350. I have narrowed it down to the vacuum reservoir, but I am having issues locating a new one. Any suggestions?

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Find the leak. Torch a cheapo butterknife and weld the plastic back together. Play with the torch and the knife on some other plastic first to get the hang of it.

·
dinnerbooter treasurer
3,567 Posts
If it is running all the time and if a 4X4 the hose to the hubs would not have anything to do with it as there is no vacuum there untill the switch on the dash is turned to 4X4. There is a vacuum leak some where, check the hoses from the pump to under the dash.
I think someone may have told him that in chat the other day. :poke:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sounds good, thanks for the tip! I'll let you know how it turns out :D

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
I think I would epoxy or fiberglass the leak if I found it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I also have the same issue with my 2000 F350. I have narrowed it down to the vacuum reservoir, but I am having issues locating a new one. Any suggestions?
Please post you findings with your possible leak in your vacuum reservoir.

I'm thinking that is were my leak may be coming from.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am planning on tearing into it on Saturday after I get off work. I will let you know how it turns out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts