Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Drive fast, look cool
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, i just joined up over here, i frequent powerstroke.org mostly, but i was wondering who all on this site is near richmond and harrisonburg. i'm constantly running between the two. i just wanted to see who all was out there!:poke:

Thanks!
~****

·
The Unseen Mod
4,123 Posts
Brian HeavyAssault, Ray Lokiwolf, there are few others im North of you about 40 mins. Welcome to the Nation if you need anything feel free to ask.

·
Drive fast, look cool
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Brian HeavyAssault, Ray Lokiwolf, there are few others im North of you about 40 mins. Welcome to the Nation if you need anything feel free to ask.
Sweet, thanks! I don't get north of here too much, federicksburg on occasion and thats about it

·
Dairy Mechanic
2,198 Posts
I'm outside Waynesboro. Near where I-81 and I-64 split. Another member is a couple miles from me too.

·
Drive fast, look cool
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm outside Waynesboro. Near where I-81 and I-64 split. Another member is a couple miles from me too.
right on...i lived in staunton for awhile then moved up to broadway... i grew up over in highland county. i wanna move back to the I81 corridor through there

·
Scab
1,295 Posts
Welcome to the Nation. I moved to Chesapeake from Richmond about 3 months ago. I never saw many diesels up that way that weren't stock. Head south east and come to some truck pulls and drag races if you get the chance

·
The Unseen Mod
4,123 Posts
Smoking it really depends what area your at, since your near the NC boarder your gonna see alot more exspecially since Rave at Twisted Diesel used to be down there, being that there really isnt any big diesel performance shops up in this area, as most can speak I do alot of ordering and installing parts for folks around here that ask me about performance more or less if there was a shop to do the work then it be bigger. Heck I cant find ppl that would touch a 6.0 head for porting around here, or machining sucks oh well. Gotta love my resources though.

Some of us actually do meet regularly, but you'll find members who will company about driving to a GTG, If someone really had there heart into it like some of us it doesnt matter about the drive. But we as a state members try to do at least one or two a month, we also invite other sites like Fordtruckworld as well to the GTG's, We tend to honest 1 in northern Virginia, 1 in eastern, 1 southern, and 1 western that way one person is not always hosting or having to drive far.

·
Drive fast, look cool
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We've got one going in harrisonburg june 12th

·
Registered
611 Posts
Richmond here!...I need to get to one of these gtg....

·
Drive fast, look cool
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It'd be nice to catch up with some richmond area guys!

·
The Unseen Mod
4,123 Posts
Well Ill be setting up GTG again this year and helping with other GTG trying to get my truck up and running again i'll be driving all over the place for GTG like I used to.

·
Scab
1,295 Posts
Smoking it really depends what area your at, since your near the NC boarder your gonna see alot more exspecially since Rave at Twisted Diesel used to be down there, being that there really isnt any big diesel performance shops up in this area, as most can speak I do alot of ordering and installing parts for folks around here that ask me about performance more or less if there was a shop to do the work then it be bigger. Heck I cant find ppl that would touch a 6.0 head for porting around here, or machining sucks oh well. Gotta love my resources though.

Some of us actually do meet regularly, but you'll find members who will company about driving to a GTG, If someone really had there heart into it like some of us it doesnt matter about the drive. But we as a state members try to do at least one or two a month, we also invite other sites like Fordtruckworld as well to the GTG's, We tend to honest 1 in northern Virginia, 1 in eastern, 1 southern, and 1 western that way one person is not always hosting or having to drive far.

Yeah I lived in Chesapeake long before I ever lived in Richmond. This area has always seemed to have more modded diesels than other parts of the state that I have seen. The only part of the state i really haven't lived in is NOVA and I have not plans of doing so.

I wish I would have known about the nation bask when I was living close to Bluefield. Anyway, I would love to meet some of you guys and hang out just cant do th GTG on the 17th.

·
OBS Addict
1,350 Posts
i'll have to try to catch up with some of you guys for lunch or somethin when im there for a visit. plan to move that direction to the williamsburg/richmond area soon as my house sells.

·
Scab
1,295 Posts
i'll have to try to catch up with some of you guys for lunch or somethin when im there for a visit. plan to move that direction to the williamsburg/richmond area soon as my house sells.
What are you going to be doing out this way?

On another note, I absolutely love taking the truck down to Oregon Inlet and driving on the beach. I take a cooler full of beer, my tiny charcoal grill, my wife and my sunglasses. It's a lot of fun and if any of you are ever down just let me know.

·
OBS Addict
1,350 Posts
What are you going to be doing out this way?

On another note, I absolutely love taking the truck down to Oregon Inlet and driving on the beach. I take a cooler full of beer, my tiny charcoal grill, my wife and my sunglasses. It's a lot of fun and if any of you are ever down just let me know.

lookin at starting over with my life. time for a change and new job. plus ive got a couple friends there ive known for awhile i havnt been able to visit. i'll be there from the 16th-23rd

i love the beach here if its good weather, i live 5 mins from the beach right now. if im still around next time youre out this way get ahold of me

·
Drive fast, look cool
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well you guys are more than welcome to head to Harrisonburg on June 12th, won't just be fords though lol. There will be a dyno though!

Yeah smokin... Oregon inlet is a blast!

·
Scab
1,295 Posts
lookin at starting over with my life. time for a change and new job. plus ive got a couple friends there ive known for awhile i havnt been able to visit. i'll be there from the 16th-23rd

i love the beach here if its good weather, i live 5 mins from the beach right now. if im still around next time youre out this way get ahold of me
oregon inlet is in the Outer Banks North Carolina

·
OBS Addict
1,350 Posts
ah :doh: should have guessed

·
Drive fast, look cool
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i lived on the wayyy west end of staunton for awhile. near where 254 meets the 275 bypass, out towards buffalo gap

1 - 20 of 54 Posts