Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, is anybody running a 6" or 8" lift with a 37" tire on a F350 SRW here in VA? If so can you tell me your measurements to the bumpers and if you are legal or not? I only ask because I am wanting to lift but I have a state trooper that hates me down here and if I'm not 100% legal you better bet that I'm getting a ticket. Thanks.

·
That Guy
1,264 Posts
Im running a 7in lift with 37s and im legal...I keep a copy of the va state code in my truck just incase someone wants to #### with me

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The state code you have, is it the newest one that talks about measuring to the horizontal support line on the bumper or do you have the one that says to measure to the frame?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm running 37's and 8.5" lift w/no problems. I live down in hampton roads and actually had the head of the state police in this area insp my truck when I was running 40" tires and well over what I thought was the limit. He said there is no limits on the 350's and gave me his card stating if any one ever pulled me or questioned the truck to contact him, his name was officer McCreary.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Does Virginia define what a bumper is? When I lived in Florida there was a law created saying your bumper couldn't be over a certain height. People simply put a little flimsy drop bar and said that was their bumper.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts