Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
heading to va beach oct/nov.. were looking to stay on the beach somewhere... is there any places that the locals know about that to stay for a good price??? looking for oct/nov time frame??

is there any car shows or diesel get togethers happening?

any drag strip's or other kinds of racing going on?? legal racing that is lol

·
That Guy
1,264 Posts
Oct 12 is Rudys, which is a big event at Piedmont Dragway. Its a couple hours from the beach but an awesome event...drags amd pulls. I think there were 1700 there in the spring. Id check it out if i were you

·
Registered
474 Posts
Not much of anything fun in the way of trucks around the beach that time of year sadly. But you can come hang out with me in my garage and drink free beer. lol

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
if you're heading up near November we're having A BIG COMING HOME get together up at my house in Gloucester, BBQ, beer, truck stuff...unfortunately not alot of space for playing in the trucks but a good time none the less.

Chad

·
That Guy
1,264 Posts
Sorry for the derail OP, But CHAD...you gotta post something up for your coming home man! It would be awesome to come help welcome you home. Its a great feeling, and sounds like a good time

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Haha will do bud. I'll put something up closer to the time being....just in case anything changes!!! But to the OP if you're in the area hen I get home come on out!!!

Chad

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ill let you guys know when the gf and i nail down a date. not sure if were renting a house or buying someones time share..

has anyone been to kill devil hills, nc to the gravedigger compound?

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
yes Kill Devil Hills is a great little vacation spot....not much to do in the off season though...there's alot to see during the season though. if you have time take the ferry down to Ocracoke Island that's a great experience.

Chad

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ill have to check that out.. just trying to figure out what to do within a few hours of va beach....

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Not a whole lot going on in that area as far as truck stuff. I'm pulling the camper down there this week for a little get away. We go down every year this time for the air show at the military base usually but its cancelled this year thanks to Obama cut backs.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
its so piecefull down there in the off season.. but its still warmer then up here in mass.. i wish i could stop at dover, de for some nascar on my way!!!!! its a tease driving by it lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts