Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Because I can!!!
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i know how the zfs from 7.3s wont interchange with a 6.0. And a big block zf will work on a 7.3 if you drill new holes. I also know that a zf from a v10 doesnt work with a 7.3. But anyway this weekend i met a kid and in his shop he had a 6.0 on a stand. And he had a zf5 from a v10 laying around and said what tue hell and slapped it up there. All the bolt holes except the top 2 line up. The 6.0 flywheel fit in the housing. And thats all we know for now. But will it work? What would you use for a flywheel amd clutch? I've never heard of this but zf6s for 6.0s are fawking spendy amd zf5s from v10s are a dime a dozen. I've been contemplating dropping a 69 f250 on a newer frame with a 7.3 or 6.0. Either way its gonna be a manual and this just seems like a low cost option. As trying to find cheap rclb manuals isnt always the easiet

·
Trust me, I got this...
1,378 Posts
Yea maybe cheap until it grenades when you dump the clutch at a green light lol. I don't think it would hold.

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
Yea maybe cheap until it grenades when you dump the clutch at a green light lol. I don't think it would hold.
Why wouldn't it?
Yeah, sure, I would do the 6 over the 5.
But absolutely nothing wrong with a well maintained 5r.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Because I can!!!
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The internals on the older zf5s are about the same i believe. I don't know on the v10 ones though. I have no problem at all with 5 instead of 6spds so i was just wordering if it would work. I mean nothing to crazy powerwise. The kid i was talking to was planning on putting it into a torino or something like that i think

1 - 5 of 5 Posts