Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been considering the v and b code spring mod for my 2002 X, just wanting to get some feedback from those who have done this mod. Thanks for any input!

·
Registered
11 Posts
u wont be disappointed!!
Been running W codes for 130K. the rear mod wasnt around back then otherwise would have looked into it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I need to do something soon. Would the spring code on the door of f250's read VB? or is there another way to be sure you are getting v' s and b's ? I called my ford parts shop and was quoted over $800 for all 4 new and thats not including the u bolts. I also considered a landyot radius rod for the back or a helwig sway bar. When I call salvage yards they want to know how many leafs, not what code. any one care to clarify on this??

·
Registered
141 Posts
Yes it is on the door post, but on car-part .com you can look for springs and some salvage yards will show what the truck had and the spring code. may be a good option.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
I'm not a fan of the Landyots or the Helwig bar. Just get B codes and do my mod and find a used F250-350 30mm sway bar from a junk yard.

I've helped hundreds do these mods. PM me if I can get you additional info and needed additional suspension pieces.

Cary

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Do yourself a favor and lsitne to Cary. On a number of forums he is a highly respected authority on the upgrading of the suspension of X's and OBS trucks. He also sell what IMO are the ebst shocks for the XZ. Tehy are custom valved Blsitens that he had made specifcally for the X. I have yet to hear of a acompalit oput the shocks from him. They are not the standrd ones you order from blistien. You need to get them thru him. CT performance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts