Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Work in progress!
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any going or have gone to UTI. Thinking about going for thier diesel tech program.

·
R.I.P PSN
1,146 Posts
where abouts in the country are you located?

·
Work in progress!
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Central Texas.

·
R.I.P PSN
1,146 Posts
i would say check out UNOH but thats a little bit of a hike for ya lol.

·
Work in progress!
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wheres that?

·
I helped make ur rimz....
619 Posts
thats in ohio, i have a friend who is currently doing UTI's diesel program in H-town. He likes it a lot, be forewarned though... its not cheap.From what i have been told A&M's, or even SHSU's diesel programs are just as good. Depending on how far you are from corsicana, i would look at the john deere tech school they have. you're guaranteed to have a job at a JD dealership once you get out.....

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
I went to UTI in Houston. If I could do it all over again, I would go to there Phoenix location. Just because you can get an associates degree there. You will get out what you put in.

I have been told TSTC in Waco is good too.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Im taking a 2yr associates degree in diesel mechanincs at TSTC in Waco.

Its cheap and i like it.

·
Work in progress!
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Im taking a 2yr associates degree in diesel mechanincs at TSTC in Waco.

Its cheap and i like it.
What classes do you have to take other than classes that pertain to the actual mechanic classes?

·
I helped make ur rimz....
619 Posts
AFAIK TSTC's diesel program doesn't really need any other classes, we had the TSTC diesel program about 8 miles from where i live, sadly TSTC cut it's funding and killed both it's pharm. tech and diesel courses down here, RIP TSTC palacios.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I went to TSTC in Waco for I/E, not for Diesel Mechanic but from what I heard about the diesel program, it's worth it. I know the I/E degrees where worth it.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I went there in '04. It was good it cost about 30k and the post grad employment placement sucks. I wish I would have went to wyo tech or nashville diesel.

·
Junior Mint
2,461 Posts
They are all a waste of money.

You will be money and experience ahead if you get a job as an apprentice at much reduced pay and learn the ropes from the bottom up w/ no official schooling. Even going to work for a local diesel performance shop just swapping injectors and stuff.

I work at a KW dealer and the kids that come out of those schools, don't perform a bit better than the average mechanically inclined kid off the streets. But they have huge loans to pay off, lost 2 years of working, and expect more pay that they really don't deserve based on their abilities. We won't touch them anymore.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts