Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i got my truck back about a week ago w new heads and head gaskets..looked at when i got home it was half full.and while cleaning my truck today i looked at and it was below minimum like 1/4 below minimum.... have not really drove the truck much since last week maybe 400 miles at tops but that's it......and it was starting really good before glow plugs fires right up now it cranks a little longer on a warmer about 45 degress...any ideas im hoeing it not the head gaskets again...but there was faint white smoke coming out just a little but.....idk any ideas its a 07 6.0 mbrp 4"turbo back banks intake..and yes i suck at typeing as seen on the title

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Re: useign anti freeze

did you check to see if you had any visible leaks at the radiator and heater hoses?

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,070 Posts

It is normal for the degass bottle levels fluctuate quite a bit. It could be as simple as that - keep an eye on it and don't drive it if you see a lot of white smoke!

Do you still have the EGR system?

·
Registered
1,250 Posts

i will do that in a little bit...but think its a possiblity that the head gaskets are bad
i guess its possible its the gaskets. would probly have to be an installer error tho. maybe they didnt get them torqed right? and when they did it did they do anything with the block surface? my degas bottle moves quite a bit to tho maybe just keep an eye on it for a while if it continues to get lower then look into a egr. and make sure to check all your coolent lines as stated earlier.

·
Harry Callahan
991 Posts
There could have been an air pocket in the system somewhere, I would just keep an eye on the level and log any addition of coolant, time you added it and amount added. If you still have egr cooler maybe pull the valve and check for water.

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
Coolant levels on a fresh build tend to drop over the first few days as all the little air pockets get worked out of the water jackets. Now if it is sucking the bottle dry every week then that is another story.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Coolant levels on a fresh build tend to drop over the first few days as all the little air pockets get worked out of the water jackets. Now if it is sucking the bottle dry every week then that is another story.
My sentiments EXACTLY!! I think it'll settle in for you, it's just fillin' in the air pockets.

·
Damnkids Motorsports
2,260 Posts
justintimemoto, I had my ARP's put in and my truck puked a bunch of coolant on the ride home from the dealer. It was just overfilled... it went away for a while... now it still pukes like crazy. I just added a gallon of coolant/water the other day and it didn't even bring it up to the min line on the tank. I do believe my headgaskets are shot again, with the ARP's installed.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yea i still got my egr.......they did a pressure check on it today at the dealer and they said its fine and they will check it again when i bring it back to get another thing fixed......thanks

·
Damnkids Motorsports
2,260 Posts
yea i still got my egr.......they did a pressure check on it today at the dealer and they said its fine and they will check it again when i bring it back to get another thing fixed......thanks
Yeah my dealer told me my system passes the pressure testing, but I think what they're missing here is that the motor is OVER-pressurizing the coolant system, which is why it's blowing out. A standard pressure test wouldn't show them that...

·
Damnkids Motorsports
2,260 Posts
thats a good possibility....powerstroke cant handle its self lol
Nope. Come to the conclusion my truck will most likely puke coolant its entire life.:doh:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts