Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O.K. so I've been using RBP fuel additive in every tank of fuel. my wife went to her uncles house this week & ofcourse she needed to get fuel so i asked if she added any RBP? Well her uncle said you don't need to add it every time you fuel up! Is this true?

·
Damnkids Motorsports
2,260 Posts
No, it's not a necessity, but it wouldn't hurt. How much does that RBP stuff run? Looks like the exact same containers as the Opti-lube I run...

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it costs me $25 for the 16oz bottle, how often do you use it?

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
IMPO I would use it every tank But I would'nt buy RBP ether for that kind of coin unless its really that much better. I use power service 80oz for like twenty bucks and it works great as a anti gel and cetane boost/Lube. Around here they sell gray PS in the winter and white PS in the summer the white is just supplement and cetane and the gray is both with the anti gel. PS is the best selling additive in the us and its cheap! Im not trying to say switch to PS from RBP But it would be interesting for someone to chime in and tell us the difference if any :cool:

·
Registered
257 Posts
It depends on how much it treats. If it treats a small amount of fuel say 15 to 20 gallons then yes every time. i use the scheiffers and it treats 50 to 100 gallons so I use a half a bottle every other fill up.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
i've been uses the Rev X stuff lately, just a little each fill, between the fuel conditioner and there oil additive truck seems to run smoother. but i try and do a little each tank, if not every second tank,

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
this bottle of RBP treats up to 500gal of fuel. it's 1oz of RBP per 32gal of fuel! I'm not stuck on using the RBP additive if there is a better way to go about treating the fuel in my truck? this is my first diesel& i want it to last!!:gun:

·
Registered
357 Posts
100,000 miles on my truck, tried a couple different fuel additives but 80% no additive.no injector problems. most of the injector plunger failures have more to do with low fuel pressure than inadequate lubricity. up here our fuel is always blended for the season of the moment and i've never gelled up, but if you are buying summer fuel and then going somewhere much colder gelling could be an issue. Myself i've never really seen a noticable improvement in how my beast runs so i don't bother with it. certainly missing additive on 1 tank now and then won't hurt anything

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
I use it every time because diesel fuel has little lubricacity and that's something I've always thought was good for any vehicle. Haha

I

·
0 Posts
IMPO I would use it every tank But I would'nt buy RBP ether for that kind of coin unless its really that much better. I use power service 80oz for like twenty bucks and it works great as a anti gel and cetane boost/Lube. Around here they sell gray PS in the winter and white PS in the summer the white is just supplement and cetane and the gray is both with the anti gel. PS is the best selling additive in the us and its cheap! Im not trying to say switch to PS from RBP But it would be interesting for someone to chime in and tell us the difference if any :cool:

:whs: I never fill up without it. Keeps the EGR valve from getting gummed up also. The cetane levels at the pump suck..

·
Registered
20 Posts
Anybody ever hear of Monster Diesel. They did a big promo by having Orange County Choppers build a diesel powered bike. I can't find much info on this product as it is fairly new. Any thoughts.

·
Power Junky
1,054 Posts
I like two stroke oil. Truck runs quieter and smoother. From what I've read powerservice does little ofr lubrication. And btw the white bottle is winter blend with anti gel. Grey bottle is a cleaner/ lubricity additive. Either way it adds very little to lubrication. Staydyne scores a lot higher for additives and is reccomended by most pump builders.

·
Registered
652 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
been using the cetane booster from ford, 4oz per 25 gallons of fuel, price here at the Albany Oregon ford dealer is good, much better than a dealer a few miles north in Salem.

·
Super Moderator
3,391 Posts
I run 2-stroke as some others and find it's a great additive priced WELL below other hyped up products.

·
Registered
501 Posts
How much 2-stroke or you guys using per tank? (how big of a tank also)

·
Well Tester
209 Posts
isnt the white bottle the winter and grey summer? thats how it is up here in canada anyways haha says anti gel right on the white bottle

1 - 20 of 21 Posts