Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've got the exhaust in today and decided to take advantage of installing the goose neck and getting the exhaust on.

I can't seem to find a way to get the DownPipe off. I've got everything unbolted and ready to go, but can't wiggle this thing out. Am I missing something?

1,052 Posts
So I've got the exhaust in today and decided to take advantage of installing the goose neck and getting the exhaust on.

I can't seem to find a way to get the DownPipe off. I've got everything unbolted and ready to go, but can't wiggle this thing out. Am I missing something?
You have to cut it out. Drop it down to the bottom of the truck as much as you can, cut as high up as you can and it will come out.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OH SNAP!!! Stock is staying on then!

Thank you!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^ Details?

My only concern is warranty on the truck with 1k miles...

I can put it back to stock if need be.

Also, wtf is the black thing attached to the exhaust just after the Downpipe?

·
IM OUT!!!
4,548 Posts
if i told you, you would wanna cut it out, haha!!! if you are worried about the warranty and having to put it back to stock...then i would not do it

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
K. it's staying on.

Thanks all!

·
IM OUT!!!
4,548 Posts
since the stock DP is double wall i think it causes a problem with the DPF...and you would need the ball/socket style DP incase you wanna put the CAT/DPF back on.

·
<--Under the Knife Again
1,400 Posts
Yea thats y i got the flo pro dp. mines still in warranty and when i do go back everything goes back in and i havent been denied yet so i aint complaining until she goes to rudys then its all done lol.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Im glad my dealer likes me. I take it in with everything still on it. (tuner,intake, turbo back exhaust, CAC pipe, and the nos)

·
Registered
339 Posts
I had a Trans replaced about a year ago. Within the last month Ive had a radiator and some other things trying to track down my coolant leak but no luck so far.

·
Registered
799 Posts
there is a VERY easy way to keep it in. i did it every time on my last 08's. my current 08, i haven't changed it.

all you do is jack up your trans, unbolt the transmission crossmember, and downpipe come out. very easy!!

·
Registered
95 Posts
there is a VERY easy way to keep it in. i did it every time on my last 08's. my current 08, i haven't changed it.

all you do is jack up your trans, unbolt the transmission crossmember, and downpipe come out. very easy!!
What downpipe do you have? (brand)

·
PSN Tool
761 Posts
Powerstroker67 claims it can be done without cutting and some extra work if your willing. He writes...
"Well we finally got time to try it, and as I suspected, it can be down. I tried it on an automatic truck and one of our customers did it on a 6 speed truck. It takes some extra work, but is possible. The short of it is, the transmission crossmember has to be removed. After the cross member is out, raise the transmission above it's natural position and using a ratchet strap pull the transmission to the drivers side. On the manual truck that was basically it, rotate the pipe approx 90 degress as the pipe walks down and out. On the automatic truck it did take a little more work. We removed the tranny dipstick tube and wire harness braket off the starter(these are both very easy to get to). We also removed the tranny pan because this truck had a Mag pan. I think it can be done with the stock tranny pan it place, that will be my next project if I find a truck to try it on. This is good news for those worried about going back to stock, it's some extra work but can be done."

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
So how is it putting a 4" back in is it tighter or more room?

·
IM OUT!!!
4,548 Posts
So how is it putting a 4" back in is it tighter or more room?

it fits a bit tighter because the pipe doesnt look like a tank ran over it, lol! there is still room the closest it gets to is the tranny dipstick...you wont have any problems as far as vibration goes...with the right DP

1 - 19 of 19 Posts