Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used any other hoses other than motorcraft? I have found gates hoses on rock auto parts for $32 and $37. Just looking to see if anyone has used them and if so, I'd you had any luck with them.

·
Administrator
32,985 Posts
probably fine but I just ordered OEM from Sunrise a sponsor on here 20-40% off and free ship

the hoses for my 6.0 came with clamps /locating clips/chafe protection installed heck it even has the clamp location marked on the hose

basically you could send to Siberia and it was ready to install no extra parts or transferring of parts

the others you likely get a rubber hose I imagine your 6.4 would be the same experience

·
Registered
118 Posts
The Gates hoses are at least equal to if not better than OE. All of the same anti chafe material and foil mesh heat shielding and no visible differences from OE. Great product!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
just replaced my hoses. It was a simple job since the egr cooler was already out of the way. I had to use a screw driver to separate the hoses under the fan shroud and channel locks to get the new joint back together. the only difference in the gates and OEM hoses was the chaffing protection on the lower hose was only about 2 1/2" long but it was taped in the perfect spot so i do not see any issues with them. If they start leaking, i will share.

·
'05 Excursion
1,948 Posts
Saw a truck that had ribbed metal "hoses" for their rad and heater hoses. Looked real nice.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
117 Posts

Ohhhh fancy!!! *derail* :)

Never noticed the Gates hoses before, nice find.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts