Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know of any better headgaskets i'm ready to put my truck back together only after 30,000 miles since ford dealer warrantied and installed new heads and arp studs now the truck is out of warranty and same problem again had my needs shaved .006 and they cleaned up nice but would like to get a better gasket if possible. thanks for any info

·
Hate 'R Us
2,436 Posts
Stock Ford gasket is fine. The reason why you popped this last set is because the heads not being flat, not because of the gaskets. If the surfaces aren't flat, then it doesn't matter what type of gasket you use; because they will just continue to blow.

·
The Unseen Mod
4,126 Posts
Exactly but if ur looking for other gaskets Victor Reins gaskets are good, its what I got.

·
The Unseen Mod
4,126 Posts
Brand new then the studs probably weren't installed right or over torqued n stretched them, black onxy is another name, Victor Reins produce the gaskets only a few folks actually make gaskets so when u do a research they are the same just marked up. The coating that is around just the cylinder edges on the oem ones vs the victor reins the coating I believe is on the entire gasket

·
Registered
37 Posts
also, i remember hearing a tech say that the heads from ford can be out of wack as well. they only spec out .002" then its over limit. not hard to get that.

·
Damnkids Motorsports
2,260 Posts
The techs have told me NEW heads from Ford come in out of spec sometimes. That's what gives. Mine blew about 1 month of driving after having ARP's put in at Ford and one new head.

Another vote for the victor reinz gaskets here, they're far less expensive than the "other" gaskets, which seem to be the same damn thing anyways.

·
Registered
861 Posts
no matter if the heads are new get them shaved! or end up like me and hydrolock the motor, had to shave the heads,block and pistons this time! i also had a cracked piston somehow along with valve guides being shot and radiator haveing a pin hole. These Flucking 6litres are killin me lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well i ordered the black gaskets from sinister and had my needs shaved .006 and hope to put it back together sometime next week. hope i don't have to do this again!!!!

·
The Unseen Mod
4,126 Posts
Make sure they do the studs correctly, if the clamping force is not enough you'll blow them again, they need to be done 100percent by specs

1 - 11 of 11 Posts