Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went with flo pro's 4" with a muffler delete pipe on my e99 yesterday and I swear the the cab noise is louder than before. I can hear the ticking of the diesel engine right where the turbo/downpipe is. I'm pretty Dan sure it's not an exhaust leak I check well.. Maybe the thinner pipe for the new exhaust? I did notice the new DP is touching the fire wall. Could it be vibrating the engine sounds into the cab? It's not terribly loud I can just hear a difference in the cab. Anyone else heard of this?

·
Im stroke-less
291 Posts
Yep my Dp rattles when cold but other than its gonna be louder.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
Your not going to like it touching the firewall.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Are you sure its not and exhaust leak. Have you check for Soot? Cab noise will be a little louder......if it was touching the the firewall it would be make a different sound, I would think than the ticking noise.

·
COMPUTER BLUE
1,979 Posts
Unless I read something wrong

You went from stock to a 4 inch. Obviously its going to be a louder exhaust note

·
< pissed off pumkin.
1,880 Posts
A straight pipe will be louder, tow a trailer and you,ll really notice the difference between the stock one and a 4" straight piped. They have a little
droine to them, but if your DP is hit the fire wall you got something screwed up. Its a tight fit, but it shouldnt be touching the fire wall at all.

Dan

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm aware it's going to br louder that's not what I'm talking about. It sounds like "ticking of the diesel engine is slightly louder than before. It might be a leak I'm going to double check

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
If it wasnt there before then I would be looking for a leak. Take a light and look up there to see of you can see Soot. Sometimes a small leak is hard to see.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Check your DP connection at the turbo for the leak. Ive had a hard time getting a good seal on mine and it had a ticking sound in the cab.

·
Just another OBS addict
1,006 Posts
I'm gonna guess it's the downpipe hitting the firewall. When I first put in my MBRP kit, I didn't bend the firewall back enough (obviously not needed on a SD), it rubbed the firewall and had a BAD vibration problem at idle and then from about 35-up MPH, getting worse as I went faster. Bent my firewall back more, and now all gone. You might have to take the DP off to push the firewall back a bit, but I'm guessing something is loose/not quite seated correctly in the connections, which could've been made worse when you put the muffler delete pipe in.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts