Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
WWDD
10,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this topic has been touched on, but i would like to know what you guys have done for improved driveshafts on these trucks? From what i have been told having them re-tubed is the way to go, but how thick of material, and what type of material are being used when they do this? Thanks for the input.

·
IM OUT!!!
4,548 Posts
carbon fiber? they would have to have a TIGHT weave and even so i would think it would have alot of twist under so much torque.
it sucks that you have a CCLB dustin...what does gm use?

·
King Dingaling
9,386 Posts
I've read that the carbon fiber ones are good to around 1900hp, and they are in funny cars and monster trucks...

....I'm sure it would work just fine...LOL

·
IM OUT!!!
4,548 Posts
maybe for vehicles that sets landspeed records that get rolling starts. its a LONG drive shaft and at that point i would sacrIfice weight before strength.
i can see it being used on mustangs and what not that weigh about 3500 pounds or so but not a 8300lb truck that is used for drag racing and sled pulling a 40000lb hog, LOL

·
King Dingaling
9,386 Posts
which weighs more...his truck...or this one...because Gunslinger, and a couple other have PST driveshafts.

I'm pretty sure a monster truck see's a little more abuse than our trucks,...and I'm not positive....but I'd almost bet that most monster trucks can do a wheel stand...which also contradicts your "rolling start" theory...LOL LOL LOL

you obviously didn't check the link....or you would have known that....LOL

·
IM OUT!!!
4,548 Posts
which weighs more...his truck...or this one...because Gunslinger, and a couple other have PST driveshafts.

I'm pretty sure a monster truck see's a little more abuse than our trucks,...and I'm not positive....but I'd almost bet that most monster trucks can do a wheel stand...which also contradicts your "rolling start" theory...LOL LOL LOL

you obviously didn't check the link....or you would have known that....LOL

true i didnt...but i wouldnt wanna drop all that coin to gain half of a tenth of a second on a drag application

·
King Dingaling
9,386 Posts
I don't think Dzchey21 cares about the negligible time it would save,...he probably wants a driveshaft for strength....and the carbon fiber one seems to easily fill that need.

·
IM OUT!!!
4,548 Posts
well, im pretty impressed with it...i was under the impression it was solid carbon fiber, but i see it has a yolk of your liking on the application.

·
Registered
433 Posts
at what point does it become too long? cclb? can u put a one piece on a ccsb? sorry to jack your thread however im looking into this also,thanks

·
Registered
653 Posts
at what point does it become too long? cclb? can u put a one piece on a ccsb? sorry to jack your thread however im looking into this also,thanks
When I put my one piece on, the drive shaft shop had expressed their concerns my truck(sc/sb) is at the longest they would go with the rotating speeds I see.

I should've looked into a carbon fiber one.

·
OBS junkie
8,249 Posts
When I put my one piece on, the drive shaft shop had expressed their concerns my truck(sc/sb) is at the longest they would go with the rotating speeds I see.

Doesn't an ext cab short bed have about the same size shaft as a single cab long bed?

·
Registered
433 Posts

so ccsb is too long also?

1 - 20 of 78 Posts