Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 with a rebuilt tranny on it. I just recently did a 4" MBRP exhaust, DIY Intake, and a TS 6 position chip (stock, 50hp,75hp,100hp and 140hp, high idle tunes) I dont have gauges yet which i know is a no no. But I will be getting them over the holidays. I have been driving on the 75 hp tune and the 140 hp just for a little bit to have fun with. My question is how hard can i beat on it without being able to moniter my tranny and egt temperatures. I just dont wanna go breaking anything. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
168 Posts
In my opinion I wouldn't run the 140 at all until I atleast had egt cause if you really knew how hot it was getting when your racing or on it for a prolonged amount of time it might scare you. As for the Tranny it won't last long if you have a heavy foot like I do.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I barely have been running on the 140 just a quick take off from a stop light now and then, then i put it back to 75 tune. My foot isnt to heavy so ill just make sure to take ait easy on the tranny. Whats the main thing to watch for on the transmission end of it, what is ok and what is i better watch it before i break something?

·
Registered
82 Posts
at a 75 hp tune it should be fine, unless you're towing. Service the transmission regularly and don't do burn outs and it'll be fine. Trans temp wise it should be about 190 at operating temp.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tires are to expensive to do burn outsh haha. The tranny just got rebuilt a serviced about 1000 miles ago. How ofter do you suggest service and by service you mean just changing the oil and filter?

·
the stryker god
3,659 Posts
at a 75 hp tune it should be fine, unless you're towing. Service the transmission regularly and don't do burn outs and it'll be fine. Trans temp wise it should be about 190 at operating temp.
My tranny has never been that hot even with a load behind it with ambient temp 90+

·
Registered
82 Posts
Once a year is a good service interval. If your pan has a drain plug, just drain and fill it a couple of times, about 4 QTs each time. Use a good fluid like AMSOil, BG (if you can get it), or Ford's synthetic fluid (good stuff for the price). Also a good idea to put an inline filter in the cooler line. Required with the ford reman transmissions and they work good.

Has for temp, I should say anything up to 190 is considered safe.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Your be fine without them for awhile its not like your running the 1/4 mile or sled pulling, or even hauling heavy loads. I haul 7-9 ton atleast once a month, I've never seen my tranny temp get above 210* with factory setup (never over 185* with bts valve body and 31 row cooler), I've also only seen my egt get up to 1300* once (that was with 10 ton load). Like I said your be fine without for awhile.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
6.0 cooler, bts valve body, schaeffers all trans is a pretty good combo. Those generic ts tunes arent the best
Do you have any link for how to's on these three things? Thanks for all the help fellas

·
Registered
82 Posts
6.0 cooler just bolts right in between the inter cooler and condenser. I wouldn't do a valve body, but switch to a synthetic fluid.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
link?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Are the fitting just barbed on these?

·
the stryker god
3,659 Posts
To run a 6.0 cooler you hot to get some fittings to convert from 3/8 to 1/2 hose. And i would definitely recommend a bts valve body and some kind of torque converter (pi stallion, ari, 6.0, ebay special?

1 - 20 of 53 Posts