Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
99.5 7.3 CC SB Lariat
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Late 1999 7.3l Powerstroke Diesel Black Crew Cab Short Bed Lariat

Truck $ 14,000
MODS so far- Gearhead tunes, ISSPRO Gauges, 4” down pipe to 5” straight pipe to 7” tip, S&B intake, 6” Lift with 18” and 37” tires, Theft non start chip, Aftermarket Speakers, Limo 2.5% tint, Billet grille and Fuel Cap, Harley Headlights, Smoked tail lights, New Jasper Transmission with 5k miles, Color matched handles and mirrors, L.E.D brake light bar, Alpine system, bed liner,

Needs and soon to come
o Shocks- Bilstien 5100’s $300
o Good Buff and Wax free
o Clean Interior
o Switch in better Alpine head unit off of f150 free
o Foil Delete free
o CCV MOD free
o Zoodad Mod free
o Steering box $150
o Steering stabilizer $80 to $150
o Fix tailgate handle or upgrade to 08 tailgate
o Find light covers for door
o Find black rubber floor mat
o Black Headliner
o Cap for oh **** handles
o Lumbar Knob
o Valve body or Shift kit $ 200 + with labor for install
o ATS 1.o Exhaust housing and wicked wheel $150 to $250
o L.E.D. 3rd break light $ 40 to $ 75
o 08 center console

Future Mods

Injectors
o Single shot Stage 2’s with 100% overstock nozzles good for 400 to 450hp (cost $885)
•H.P.O.P UPGRADE
o Get modded From T.E. for $150 and is good enough to support injectors
•Turbo 38r or modded h2e, upgrade stock
o 38r cost anywhere from probably 800 to 1300 bucks
o H2E and mounting kit 2,000+
•Triple Disc Billet Low Stall Torque Converter 600 to 1000
•Traction bars
o Custom lets say 200 in parts!
•Fass or airdog 150 400 to 550$$$$ and Regulated Return
•Head studs
o Arp are like 500 and H-11 are like 600, bo
•Valve springs
o $90

$1000 for misc. parts.

Goal 400+ Hp and 800+FT/LBs of TQ

Tell me what you guys think. I just got this truck last Saturday. This weekend i will be doing the CCV Mod, Foild Delete, Zoodad Mod, putting the Gearhead tunes on, SeaFoam in the fuelbowl and tank along with some other small things.

Also have the 5100's on the way.

Any pointers.:bowfast:

·
99.5 7.3 CC SB Lariat
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like a good list. Welcome to the Nation. Where ya from in Indiana?
Thanks, looks like a nice truck ya got there. Well I work in Marion live in Noblesville and from Pittsboro. Go to Terre Haute a lot to. Where are you from?

·
99.5 7.3 CC SB Lariat
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here are some pics :D

truck 3.jpg

truck4.jpg

truck 5.jpg

·
99.5 7.3 CC SB Lariat
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm over by Muncie
Did the attached pics of the truck work?

Yeah Muncie, i stop by Ball State every now and then. We might have to meet up sometime. You ever go to any Diesel events like the one in May 7th and 8th in KY or in terre haute. It will be nice to have a diesel there ha I dont know if you know my brother but he is STROKE_THIS_F-250 on here. He has an 97 OBS with some good mods

·
Registered
700 Posts
Truck looks great man perfect black and chrome combo.:ford:
And Welcome

·
Bigfoot is an OBS
3,462 Posts
Thanks, looks like a nice truck ya got there. Well I work in Marion live in Noblesville and from Pittsboro. Go to Terre Haute a lot to. Where are you from?
HOLY Toledo!
Pittsboro? Really? What a small world!
Where did you get your christmas trees? :D

·
99.5 7.3 CC SB Lariat
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys! I really like it, always what i wanted. Yeah the black and chrome does look kinda good. I might be taking the chrome stripes off the bottom tho. Never been a huge fan of chrome.

So Reis1995 how do you like your tunes, im putting mine on this weekend, Cant wait!

·
Bigfoot is an OBS
3,462 Posts
I might be taking the chrome stripes off the bottom tho. Never been a huge fan of chrome.
Normally I'd be with you there, but with the black truck and the chrome wheels, the stripes work good for the look. At least, they work good in your avatar.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Thanks guys! I really like it, always what i wanted. Yeah the black and chrome does look kinda good. I might be taking the chrome stripes off the bottom tho. Never been a huge fan of chrome.

So Reis1995 how do you like your tunes, im putting mine on this weekend, Cant wait!
They are awesome Matt is the man you will be amazed. :bowfast:

·
99.5 7.3 CC SB Lariat
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That's what i keep hearing Reis1995! Putting them in Thursday night.

I have to agree with you Dan, it does look good haha:redspotdance:

Now wherever i go people about break their necks looking at it and i had 3 trucks turn around and try to chase me down on just the way home :gethim:

·
99.5 7.3 CC SB Lariat
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Got some things done this weekend

well this weekend went great with the truck!

got the following done,

Chip installed, still testing Gearhead tunes, pretty happy with them so far, will have more soon. We mounted the switch right next to the 4x4 selector, looks really good.

Foil delete- really makes the turbo whistle, and looks much cleaner. Also took off the spyder and cleaned all the boots. Cleaned out the engine valley too, and can i tell you it needed it bad!

CCV mod- went great, used 90* elbow and ran it along the frame rail to the back of the fuel tank and dumps in front of the rear axle.

ZOODAD mod- used a gutter piece and looks good

Thanks for the help john :bowfast:

We also got the new alpine head unit in and cleaned up some wires.

Feels good to get most the busy work done. Hope the new shocks get here before TS. Next mod will be a W.W. for the turbo and a shift kit. Looking into a steering box now.

Any points would help, thanks. I might try to get some pics of everything if anyone cares haha

·
99.5 7.3 CC SB Lariat
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i will try to get some up this week.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts