Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time to revisit Upgrade Brakes, as the latest thread I saw was 2016 and now it is 2020.

The aforementioned threads said StopTech Power Slot rotors (cryo treated) and Hawk LTS brake pads.

So -- is it still StopTech Power Slot rotors (cryo treated) and Hawk LTS brake pads?

I saw Hawk offers SuperDuty Brake Pads. Better? or just different?

·
PSN intsigator
6,625 Posts
I switched my Excursion and F350 CC, DRW to powerstop brakes, my F350 likes them, the Excursion did not. And I honestly didn't see a difference with them from the Orielly top brand (the most expensive ones). So don't know if it is really worth it or not. Myself will just be using Orielly cause they are f*ckin everywhere and lifetime warranty so there is that. I don't really get rid of vehicles, just loan them out for long periods of time or hand them off to a family member

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
I swapped over to powerstops ten months ago. The thread is HERE....though ignore the lack of pics. I hate pic servers. Anyway, after almost a year and nearly 20,000 miles, I'm happy with them. Do they stop any faster necessarily? I don't think so, but that's a subjective thing. I didn't do tests before and after. What I DO notice is a much improved brake effort when they are hot and a lack of warping. On old ones, when I was coming down hills I would get that brake fade when they would get too hot. I don't get that with these. Is it the slotted and drilled rotors or the pads? Probably the rotors. And also, I have both replaced and turned my rotors in the past. 2 or 3 hard stops was all it took and I could feel the warping begin in them. It seems to be an inevitability with stock rotors. These ones have yet to warp in the least, and I have done a lot of steep downhill braking, some really heavy towing, and a bunch of emergency stops.

So, I think overall, these rotors are definitely worth it. The calipers are just remans, so any quality reman should be the same. Pads...you get what you pay for. These are high quality for sure, but I'm willing to bet you would get similar performance out of any other comparable name-brand pad out there. I will say if you're going to go for the whole shebang, invest in stainless hoses and flush the brake lines while you're at it.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I swapped over to powerstops ten months ago. The thread is HERE....though ignore the lack of pics.
my apologies - I searched in the the forums for my truck.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
No need to apologize. I just wanted you to know how long I had them, because IMO ten months isn't a whole lot of time to evaluate a product like this.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts