Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone- I just started to install a set of bright back up lights, I was thinking about putting them on a trailer plug with the reverse pin to activate them. Then a friend said I should check out some upfitter switches. So heres the question, Is the wiring already there or do you need the loom to go with it? My parts guy at the dealership wasn't sure, but he could get the switches for like $30.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well went looking through some older posts and I think I found my answer. But post em up if you have any other ideas. thanks again.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
talk to jdc753, I am pretty sure he added uplifter switches to his truck.

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
talk to jdc753, I am pretty sure he added uplifter switches to his truck.
Yup I did. The switches are seperate from the harness. I would recommend getting the kit from Your Premiere Source for Ford Truck Parts and Accessories that has the switches and harness and all. I got mine from the dealer and I think harness alone was almost $80 while the complete kit can be had for $9x or so.

Here is a good writeup on the install that I used when I did mine, http://www.superdutydiesel.com/wiki/tiki-read_article.php?articleId=13

Hope this helps ya. Once they are installed you can coonect the power wire for the lights directly to the switch, that's how I had mine.

·
PSN Veteran
2,983 Posts
Upfitter switches are the way to go, i have my guages hooked to one, my backup lights to one and a set of PIAA lights up front hooked to them. Great and well orginized!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info guys. My wife works for the local Ford dealership so I get a pretty deep discount, and I found the other part# last night. Thanks for the write up link jdc753, I will be sure to check it out.

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
Sounds good. If you have anymore questions with it post em up. Routing the harness was a little tricky but straight forward. For me it was easier to pull the lower dash but I didn't have the acess cubby down low to reach through. They are definetely a must to have :ford:

·
Registered
7,358 Posts
Thanks for the info guys. My wife works for the local Ford dealership so I get a pretty deep discount, and I found the other part# last night. Thanks for the write up link jdc753, I will be sure to check it out.
the Ford price with discount will beat any price you find online ;)

deffinately one of the best mods i did to my 05:ford:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts