Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a question, searched for it and found no answer.

I'm sitting here and decide to upgrade/update the Microsoft SYNC in the truck. Part of the process is to run the vehicle while it is updating. Then removing the jump drive from the truck and re-installing it into the computer to upload files back to Ford. What files are being sent to Ford? Engine diagnostic? Anybody know? I don't want to get a letter stating, "You are now in violation, we are tracking you through your cell phone. Don't even try to come in for warranty or recalls."

kp

·
StackinChipsLikePringles
3,085 Posts
You doing this yourself or this is what the dealer is supposed to do?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I never left the engine running to update the Sync to 3.0. That's a crazy 20minutes of idling. I did mine with the key in the accessory position. I think they're afraid of your battery dying half way through the update.

The latest version 3.0 update allows you to disable the 911 assist thing. I didn't notice anything else.

The update back to Ford simply lets them know and record you've successfully updated it from all I could tell. When you go back to the Sync site later, you'll know if you need another update, but I haven't seen any firmware updates since.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts