Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really should know the answer to this, but I'm a slacker and don't. lol How do I update my tire size in the onboard computer so that my speedo is correct, my shifts are correct, etc?

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
With a scanner
Well that much I figured! lol Which ones can do it, though? I'm using Forscan lite on the phone and that doesn't seem to have the ability. Neither, obviously, does TorquePro. Trying to figure out if I'll be able to do it or if I should bite the bullet and have a local shop do it.

·
Master BS'er
5,931 Posts
Well that much I figured! lol Which ones can do it, though? I'm using Forscan lite on the phone and that doesn't seem to have the ability. Neither, obviously, does TorquePro. Trying to figure out if I'll be able to do it or if I should bite the bullet and have a local shop do it.
It takes a professional level scan tool. Sometimes even a programmer. It's not something you can do without them, it.

You'll need a shop to do it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Master BS'er
5,931 Posts
i thought i remembered the sct x3 allowing tire size adjustments. kinda wondered if the x4 does
That may be, couldn't tell ya.

It's gonna have to be a bidirectional scanner with the ability to talk to whichever module stores that info. Usually either the bcm or the abs module.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts