Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting ready to pull the turbo on my 05' F250 in order to clean it. I've started having issues with the vanes sticking after I shut the motor off....and I really have to get on the gas hard in order for them to all of a sudden pop open and build boost. I'm 99% sure this is the problem.

So I figured since I'm going to have it off, I might as well do the updated drain tube and oil feed lined (or is this really not needed on an 05'?)

After looking around online....I can one of many kits on ebay for around $30, or I can get the OEM Ford parts for around $145. I know there are some parts for these 6.0's that have to be Ford only...no exceptions. But what about these parts? Can I go with one of the cheaper aftermarket sellers on ebay? Or are these parts also a Ford only....no exceptions?

If I do use an ebay aftermarket seller...are there some that are better than the rest? Rudys? KT Diesel? Other?

Thanks for the info!!

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
I have had good results with aftermarket drain tubes. However, I will say stay the hell away from anything but the Ford supply line. I tried one and it wouldn't event fit. Swapped it out, thinking maybe it was bent in shipment, but the second had the exact same problem...even compared em side by side.

As for which ebay vendors to trust and which to avoid, I really couldn't say, but I have noticed some have websites and some don't. I try to use that as an indicator. If they'll put the money and effort into a website, they might actually care about customers and their trucks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts