Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 F-250 6.0. It is running pretty decent, but hasn't been updated since April of 2004. Thinking of taking it to Ford dealer and getting the updated flash but hope it doesn't screw up anything. WHat do you all think?

·
Registered
265 Posts
If it aint broke...... Dont fix it

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Lets see- you'll loose power, mpg, and I'm sure a few other things that makes alot of people pay money for special tuning to get what it takes back. So If I was you I wouldn't mess with having it done. Mine has an 06 flash that will be staying in it.

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
mine was reflashed about 6 months ago when i took it in to have some tests run on my injectors and when i got it back i could tell an instant power difference so i read my invoice and they had updated mine and it was a doggy pos compared to b4... i now have an sct and planning an ficm reprogram as soon as i can afford it.... DONT DO IT!

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
is irt worth getting an FICM reprogram on my 05? and i mean by innovative or somthing similar, i am running matts tunes but from what i have read it seems to do nothing but good.

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
an ficm program from what i have read can benefit you depending on your tuning.... php's is similar to an 03' factory flash from ford from what i have read so far... erics has more of the parameters changed... depends on what your looking to do with the pickup... i believe im going to be sending my to eric after i do a lil more research

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
well i would like the economy actually, but i'm around 15-17 mpg right now in the cold so i'm not complaining. but looking for more mods on the lower side in cost during the winter that will improve driveability and MPG. but my goal is about 450 dead reliable HP.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts