Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Reppin' the 6.4L
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Thanks. I'm guessing it was the blue spring? I'm probaly going to catch hell for saying this or I'm missing something, but when i pulled mine off the spring fell out. I didn't get a chance to see where it came from. And when I put it in that hole. The spring pushed all the way into the bottome of the fuel bowl. In other words the filter was sitting on the spring if i put it in?? WTF:pointlaugh:
You forgot to put the spring into the brass fitting. :doh: It probably fell out with the spring.

If it is installed correctly you will feel the resistance on the plate when placing it on.

fyi....that black plug is only on 03-04 trucks. 05 and up only have the brass fitting that the spring fits into.

deereman, what year is your truck?
All years have the black plug, the brass fitting fits into the plug.

·
BRING DA AMBALAMPS
1,952 Posts
sorry man...that black plug is only on 03-04. not only have i taken my reg apart several times (including 1 hr ago) but one of my good friends is a ford master diesel tech and he's the one that confirm it for me.

·
Reppin' the 6.4L
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Really? Why do they include it in the FPR kits then? That's weird. I guess I learn something new everyday, even when I'm teaching. LOL

·
Diesel Addict!!
204 Posts
fyi....that black plug is only on 03-04 trucks. 05 and up only have the brass fitting that the spring fits into.

deereman, what year is your truck?
Its an 05. Is the line that bends easy the one the springs goes in. Only brass thing on there besides the fuel drain that i didn't take off is that.... I hate having blonde moments!!

·
Reppin' the 6.4L
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Its an 05. Is the line that bends easy the one the springs goes in. Only brass thing on there besides the fuel drain that i didn't take off is that.... I hate having blonde moments!!
No, it goes in the same hole as mine, it just won't have the black cup there. It will still have the brass fitting in there though. Seems like you lost the brass fitting along with the old spring.

·
BRING DA AMBALAMPS
1,952 Posts
when you pull the front cover off the regulator, there should be a brass cup that the spring is sitting in. this will be in that hole pictured above where the black looking fitting is. wish i would have seen this a couple hrs ago while i had mine apart!!

look at the third pic down. where you see the black fitting in the hole beneath the long cylindrical hole, that is where that brass fitting and the spring goes.

Google Image Result for http://www.autotrend.us/photo/diesel/F250%20Fuel%20Filter%20regulator.jpg

·
Diesel Addict!!
204 Posts
Thanks SOL & SS6.0. The bad part about it is that I can't remember what got put back in:confused::pointlaugh:

·
Damnkids Motorsports
2,260 Posts
I've got an extra brass plug here if anyone needs it...

·
Reppin' the 6.4L
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
DeereMan, I'd send Mdub a few dollars via PayPal and get that sent to you!

·
Registered
4 Posts
03-04 Are the only years that take the black plug..05 and up the grooves are machined into the housing and dont rquire the plug....

Also, just a tip that can save you all some time...You do not have to remove the fuel filter and suck out the fuel..You can do it with filter and fuel in bowl..Just stuff some rags underneath the regulator cover..After you pull the spring and brass plunger you will only get 4-5 little " glug glugs" of fuel out of the hole...Not much at all...Just did mine and a buddy's truck last weekend and did not empty the bowl.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Please forgive my lack of knowldge, but can you explain what this new FPR is doing and when is it necassary. Again, sorry but I'm new to the 6.0 world.

Thanks

·
TimmyaleX
656 Posts
Thanks for the pics

·
TimmyaleX
656 Posts
Please forgive my lack of knowldge, but can you explain what this new FPR is doing and when is it necassary. Again, sorry but I'm new to the 6.0 world.

Thanks

welcome to the club!

:psnb:

I

·
0 Posts

Thanks
The updated FPR kit has a longer and thicker spring that ups your fuel pressure 8-10 PSI.. The new 4616 fuel filter pak has an added O-ring to keep water from getting through the fuel system and it has a bit more restricktion than the discontinued 4604 filter pak.. I installed it and my truck runs way better than it did...

·
Reppin' the 6.4L
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #36

·
Registered
652 Posts

Thanks
Fuel pressure of 45lbs or less at WOT will kill fuel injectors. Mine at idle was 50lbs and 44lbs at WOT installed the new Reg Kit now idle 62lbs and 58 WOT big difference when you are pulling a 14k 5er.
2 stroker

21 - 40 of 40 Posts