Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
y up-pipes are leaking, mechanic says its bad but hes seen worse, how many mpgs could i be looseing from this?

·
Registered
145 Posts
I gained 2-3 when I got mine fixed. Egts went down a bit and boost is better too

·
Hood Rich
2,873 Posts
point being, its broken, fix it..

·
< pissed off pumkin.
1,880 Posts
LMAO !!! This is gonna be a gooooood one !!!

:psnb:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well i know its leaking but my truck only gets 8mpg. Nobody can find anything else wrong with the truck so i was curious if it would cause that much of a drop in mpg.

·
Reloading
429 Posts
Well besides the up pipes it sounds like you have a ton of carbon build up. Find yourself a LONG steep road and flog the piss out of it. You’ll hear it pop when all that crap in there breaks loose.

·
Reloading
429 Posts
you all touch yourselves!
So. What's it to you..?

But honestly your exhaust leak could very well be your only problem in low mpg. Less exhaust energy through the turbo will=less boost. Now your engine is running less efficient, so now you compensate the lack of power with more throttle, expending more fuel. Don’t make your problem worse, fix the up pipes. Then scan for codes, check for boost leaks, adjust your diving habits, air up your tires, and double check your mileage calculations when you’re sober :poke: :D

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well i played it safe and ordered Stage 2s, 38r, SRP1 HPOP, tuner, and Bellowed up-pipes from Full Force today. Got a great deal on it all.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Now your engine is running less efficient, so now you compensate the lack of power with more throttle, expending more fuel. Don’t make your problem worse, fix the up pipes. Then scan for codes, check for boost leaks, adjust your diving habits, air up your tires, and double check your mileage calculations when you’re sober :poke: :D
And only drive down hill with a tail wind.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts