Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i am new to the powerstroke world and mu up pipes have a leak and i need some feed back on what is the best and most cost efficient way to fix it thanks guys ohh yeah it is a 7.3 in a 2001 f350 supper duty

·
D66stroke
418 Posts
Bellowed pipes. For the Super Duty's, their anywhere from $400-$500. Check out Diesel Orings' site or Riff Raff diesel. I'd say their the cheapest. Or you could always buy the donut gaskets but why not spend the little extra money to fix it permanently while it's all apart..

41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i dont have the 500 buck rite now to fix it so if i can get by with the donuts i will. And i hope it makes my egts lower and my boost comes back up

·
D66stroke
418 Posts
Doing just donuts is ok. I'm just saying if it was up to me I'd fix it permanently with bellowed pipes since its a bitch to take apart/re-install (from what I hear). Hope it works out for ya

·
Registered
338 Posts
With the bellowed up-pipes you get all new parts. New casting up at the turbo and that means that you don't need to worry about breaking bolts off when you disassemble what you have. There is also the risk that your uppipes are shot so new gaskets is not enough.

Can you afford not to use the bellowed uppies?

·
I like turtles
2,604 Posts
Most up pipe leaks I see anymore have up pipe damage so its hard to get them to get a good seal again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts