Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just replaced the up-pipes on my e99 truck as they were leaking and could smell exhaust in the cab i used beans brass donuts and the smell was gone for 2 days and now its back. they must be leaking again but is there any other places they are common to leak. i will look tomorrow at the up-pipes again but i wouldnt think they would be leaking again after what i just did.

·
Horsepower Enthusiast
370 Posts
Back ports on the exhaust manifolds are the other common place I see them leak.

·
< pissed off pumkin.
1,880 Posts
Might want to fix the hole in you cab too while your at it. Mine leaked and I never smelled a thing when I was driving it. A hole in your fire wall is a bad thing. if you have a fire under the hood for some reason that hole just became a door for it to get in side, and the whole thing will go up a lot faster.

Dan

·
Hood Rich
2,873 Posts
dont you have to re-torque them after a heat cycle or two?

i skipped the whole process and went with one piece.. not sure if avail for e99 though

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i did re-torque them today got a turn or 2 out of them but i did find i hole in the firewall looks like the hole for the clutch pedal someone took the plug out of there to run wires at one time and mine is a auto truck so looks like i have to go to the dealer tomorrow to try and get the plug for there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts