Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Up-pipe donuts

2K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  strokin_early_99 
#1 ·
I went to get some up pipe donuts today and looked at the schematic for the entire turbo setup. I noticed there is supposed to be a donut or some type of gasket that goes between the turbo to intake spider. I just remember there being a clamp there but is there also a donut or gasket too?

#4 ·
or in the valley

Up pipe donuts for the exhaust up pipes, the best ones I have found are from Car Quest #17250.

#6 ·
If SBC means small block chevy, then yes. Make sure to coat any moving part or sliding part with anti seize. They work great.

Thanks Bean for the part number.

#7 ·
My dounuts lasted 3 days the last time I swapped them out including new up-pipes and hardware and such.....

The solid up-pipe assembly is really the only true fix for the issue. At the very least get the up-pipes with the flex joints even if you still use the dounut/collector at the top.

Without anywhere for the expansion/contraction from the stupid heat cycle range you're dealing with here if you can get the dounuts to stop leaking (stop sliding) you will crumple the bottom of the up-pipe when it expands and has nowhere to go.

I will never once in my life "replace" the dounuts on one of these trucks again. Total waste of my time. If you do it twice you're well on your way to having bought a one piece assembly in stainless, and completely could have bought the international assembly with the flex.

JMHO

#11 ·
Thanks for posting the #

Charles this H2E sumbich doesn't have a solid up pipe kit yet. If youre making them, I'm buyin.
X2

I know a few others that would buy if they were made available as well.

#10 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.