Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone...I've been doing some research and I can't decide if I should unplug my egr valve...I can't do a delete cause I have a warranty on my truck but I've heard that unplugging it can make it run better and better mpg....but I've also heard that it can cause some issues...any advise
Is appreciated...thanks

·
Swamp trash...
247 Posts
On some strategies I have been told that unplugging the egr valve affects fan operation.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the most current flash on my ECM it was done by the dealer I bought it from....and I've read that too...but with the temps up here now I don't think I have to worry about that right now lol

·
Registered
104 Posts
You will get at minimum a CEL on the dash. I can't say if it will affect performance or anything else, I do not know.

With a tuner you can disable the EGR, so the valve is still connected but never opens. The tuner can also turn off the dash light. You'd have to check and see if the tuner (SF3/X3) will void the warrantee.

You are in a not so ideal spot. The EGR system is best to delete/bypass for the longevity of your engine. It's a shame that you must keep it.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The wierd part is that my cel doesn't come on...and I'm hesitant about getting a programmer because it's stock and I don't want to f anything up...and trust me i wish I could get rid if it

·
Premium Member
3,409 Posts
2003-2004 generally will not throw a CEL or code.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I sure am glad there is no internet cop waiting to send out tickets every time someone (me) posts incorrect information. :blah:

It sounds like you are in decent shape then. The exhaust can still roast the coolant, and the cooler could potentially leak eventually, but worst case scenario, the coolant would go out the back end rather than back into the intake.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts