Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, long story short he has had problems with his truck and i can't figure it out. He started his truck yesterday and it idled just fine. He proceeded down the parking lot to make a turn and his truck shut off and wouldn't turn on. It cranks just fine, it just won't turn over. I originally thought it was the cam sensor and replaced it. But with no luck, the truck still won't start. He has had issues in the past with his fuel pump. I checked the resevior where the fuel filter is to see if it had any diesel in it, and it was about full. He has had problems driving up his steep driveway, to the point where it almost shuts off due to the steep incline. Any ideas?

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
How about some info on the truck bud. What year is it? Stick/auto, any mods? Has he tested fuel pressure at the regulator? How did he test it if he did? What kind of fuel pump issues? What CPS did you replace it with? How old is the oil in the engine? Is the oil level correct?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a 1996 ford f350, automatic. Has a torque converter, stage 1 injectors, an intake, 4 inch exhaust, and an 8 inch lift with 35 inch tires. I believe it's his fuel pump. We took off the fuel filter again yesterday and he tried starting it with the fuel filter out, and no activity in the resevior. He recently changed his oil about a month ago, the oil levels are correct as well. The cam sensor I put in came from autozone, I believe it was a duralast cam sensor, with a 2 year warranty.

·
Stroke This
156 Posts
I would check the ipr on the back of the hpop make sure its not loose and that the nut that holds it on its post didnt wiggle its way off.
Mark

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
You can't check the fuel bowl with the filter out. It won't fill up without the filter due to a check valve of sorts that is in there. You need to check fuel pressure at the schrader valve on the side of the fuel pressure regulator with a fuel pressure gauge. It will bounce around a bit but will give you a good idea as to whether or not it is building pressure.

·
Fixing Broken Stuff
2,078 Posts
check ICP, needs 500psi to start and run

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Check fuse #22 to ensure it has not shorted. It is provides power to fuel heate r and not uncommon for the heater wire to break and short out against inside fuel filter canister. Iirc this is also the power feed to the PCM....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts