Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok while I was lookin for my PCM i noticed this plug just hanin out under the dash. Wouldn't have been a concern except someone used a paper clip to jumper over 2 of the terminals. I don't see anywhere it would have plugged into anything, and was wondering if anyone had a clue what the hell it is, or why someone jumped 2 of the wires.
Its a grey plug, it has 6 terminals but only 4 of them used. 1 wire is white with a pink stripe, 1 is blue with an orange stripe, 1 is light brown with a blue stripe, and 1 is red with a yellow stripe. The white/pink is jumpered with the blue/orange.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh by the way its a 2000 f-250 ext cab l bed 4x4 with a 6 spd, if that helps any.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
that isn't the trailer plug is it? for hooking up the trailer brake harness to?

where was it located under the dash? Mine is close to the ash tray in the center on my obs

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
What vehicle? It doesn't look much like the brake controller harness that I have seen on my vehicle

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

where was it located under the dash? Mine is close to the ash tray in the center on my obs
No its not for a trailer brake controller, I already have that hooked up with the factory plug.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Its located pretty much under the steering column, maybe six inches or a foot towards the center. But its under the dash, you hafta lay on your head on the floor to see it

·
Registered
33 Posts
Probably AIC automatic IDLE control
For PTO use

·
Intelligent Burro
450 Posts
My 99 also has the plug you are talking about. It plugs into a "dummy" plug directly under the steering column. I'm not sure what its for but it does have to be plugged into the "dummy" cap. I have always assumed there is a jumper built into the cap and that is probably why someone has installed the paper clip. You might look for a matching plug attached to the steering column.

·
Registered
591 Posts
looks to me like its the clutch input switch connector. looks just like the one in my old 98 f150 manual trans.

it sends electronic signal saying the clutch is in and you can start the truck. but if its been unplugged and theres not a similar connector under there and the truck starts normally then thats not it

·
super tuner
164 Posts
it probably has something to do with the clutch, mines unplugged with no jumper and i can start the truck without the clutch depressed. pull the jumper out and make note of where it is, and try and start the truck without the clutch depressed and if it starts theirs you're answer.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah Im pretty sure its for the clutch switch. My truck will start without the clutch being depressed. But still not certain about the paper clip.

·
Registered
591 Posts
its your clutch switch. i didnt see the jumper the first time i looked at it. if you pull the paperclip and try and start the truck it wont start unless you replace the jumper or plug it back in.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.