Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got out of my truck today after arriving at work, and I noticed oil dripping from the passenger side bank, I think. I have noticed an increase in oil drippage in my driveway but, its a diesel so I paid it no heavy attention. When I peeked under the truck today, it looks like someone spray-painted oil all over the right side of the tranny and starter area. I was in my Navy uniform so I couldn't get under there further, just wanted to know (besides Head Gasket) what else would be on that side to cause that much to leak? High pressure lines? Oil pan? any ideas off the top of your heads? Thanks for the input!!!

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
i dont think it would be the head gaskets, they dont leak externally normaly. it could be the drain line for the turbo, thats about all thats on the passenger side....

·
Registered
41 Posts
These trucks are notorious for oil on the bell housing and dripping. In addition to what the others have stated your issue may also be due to the crank case oil vapors that are introduced back into the intake.

This oil collects and saturates the intake boots and eventually drip into the valley and down the back of the engine making you think you have a rear main leaking. A Racor 4500 or Stealth Crank Case Vent filter may help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts