Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
The Diesel Cartel
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now I have a below the rails tool box in my 08. Its pretty full but I could and would like to eliminate alot of the tools and junk that I carry around. I have been looking at the Undercover SwingCases but am not really sure about them. I figure they will go nice with a rolling/locking tonneau cover.

Does anyone have an information or stories or opinions on these?

·
Registered
913 Posts
Don't know anything about those, but I just picked up a Better Built Wheel Well box, it has drawers in it and a top lid that opens up, going to possibly get another one and use these for all my tools.

·
The Diesel Cartel
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks nice. I like the swing case cause you can unlatch it and carry inside a job or garage or where ever needed.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I have the Weatherguard wheel well box and I really like it.

I did look at those also but wasnt sure because they are made of plastic. I wasnt sure if it would look nice or cheap.
Have you got to see one in person yet?

·
Registered
913 Posts
The only question I have is how much weight it can handle. Since all the weight is on that one hinge and all the bouncing it does concerns me.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I feller could probably put something in the bed for the box to swing into to support the other side of the box. Similar to the old windshield wipers that had a perch for them to sit in when off. I like the thought of being able to take them with.

·
Cars by Kris
110 Posts
I've got a pair of SwingCases in my truck. They're really nicely put together and easy to install. If you ever need to remove the boxes for more space or any other reason, they lift right off of the hinges.

·
brandon
778 Posts
On a bed cover I had a lock n roll on my 7.3. It had a vinyl cover and it cracked real bad after a couple of years even with armoralling it all the time and it had open bearings so sometimes it was a pain to role up. I have a retrax on my new truck and I like it much better, closed bearings and hard plastic finish and it locks in place at any position.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Ive installed several of these for customers im not impressed

·
Registered
191 Posts
They seem and look cheap in my opinion. They hold on by 4 self tapping screws and if you have a drop in liner you have to do a tremdous amount of cutting to make them fit. I could see them being useful if you have a tonneau cover which is what they intended but the bed being open looks tacky imho

·
The Diesel Cartel
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah i agree they don't look that great but i think the idea is good and it will be great under my rolling bedcover

1 - 14 of 14 Posts