Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anything I can DIY under the valve covers, such as torque something down, loosen something, whatever, to increase the performance of my truck?

·
Registered
5,464 Posts
nope just tighten down the loose screw behind the steering wheel lol.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Nothing on these trucks is going to give you free power... You pay to play...

·
Registered
217 Posts
Yep this isn't a 12v

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I figured I'd that answer. My buddies got a 97 12v that he hasn't spent a dime on aside from a DIY filter and gauges and It's quick. He bought the truck and it came with a VB & TC in the trans. #100 fuel plate, tuned AFC, and cranked star wheel. Just kinda makes me jealous, that I spend $450 in tunes to get power an he spends nothing to get power. 370 injectors for him (similar Hp to stage ones) are $300 while stage ones for us are $1,000+. A compound setup for him is around $500 and I'm sure it's over $1500-$2000 for 7.3's.

But you gotta love the 7.3! No other engine ever like it. IMHO the 7.3 is the greatest diesel engine made to this day. A buddy of mine has a company work truck that's on 01 7.3, bin stock with 500,000 miles on it and it still runs good.

·
Strok'in PA
73 Posts
Is there anything I can DIY under the valve covers, such as torque something down, loosen something, whatever, to increase the performance of my truck?
Injectors are under there, remove the stock ones and replace with higher flow ones. :rockwoot:

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
The easiest power in a seven three is a chip, intake and exhuast. After that the next significant jump is expensive ...injectors turno and tranny mods.
Stg1, vb not bad. 400/400, compounds, bts and all the supporting oil, fuel mods studs etc 15k+.

·
< pissed off pumkin.
1,880 Posts
Yeah, tell me about it. I,ve gotta have close to 4500 in speed parts, and it still will be lucky if it laid down 340 hp at the rears. Look at a 6.4 spend about 2 grand and you get close to 600 hp. I think the thing about a good old 7.3 is simple, reliability !! They are simple for the most part due to the lack of emissions, and hold up well to abuse.

Dan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts