Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im thinking a bent pushrod. What you guys think?

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Uh Oh I think your right. that sucks man

·
HÄWÄÌÌÄñ
1,161 Posts
saw that on youtube, im a subscriber of yours.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What were you doing or what happened when this started?
TCM relearn. But Ive been hearing something the last month or so that I thought was just the infamous "tick". It just got really loud tonight.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah Ive slipped it pretty bad more then a few times.

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
It would take a pretty good rev to bend them, but some stock pushrods seem to hold up better than others. My stock ones held up to my truck running away at no telling how high of an RPM for 2-3 mins, but the moderator over on the .org, TwinTurboStroker, bent one or two from revving his truck up. I guess its hit or miss with them. Chromoly ones are cheap insurance. If you for sure think its a bent pushrod I would invest in some of the Elite chromoly pushrods.

·
Laces Out
12,314 Posts
nothing a couple hours wont fix. get it done jon !! just buy some chromoly ones to replace those.

p.s. and hope there wasnt much contact.

·
Registered
750 Posts
The problem is, if you bent a pushrod, how hard did your piston hit the valve? When you pull the valve covers off, you might want to do a leakdown test.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I didnt have any choice but to drive the truck 250 miles back home. When I was 30 miles away from home the knock got louder and the truck threw 8 codes and I could only go 50 mph. It was weird because when I left the knock wasnt there but then It would come and go.
So far we found that the bridge for the valves some how came off, most likely due to over rev.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The ford tech said he didnt think any damage.

·
Powerstrokin'
847 Posts
Hope all turns out well!

·
Registered
357 Posts
Well I didnt have any choice but to drive the truck 250 miles back home. When I was 30 miles away from home the knock got louder and the truck threw 8 codes and I could only go 50 mph. It was weird because when I left the knock wasnt there but then It would come and go.
So far we found that the bridge for the valves some how came off, most likely due to over rev.

So do you ever change your oil? looks pretty black.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
2,500 miles ago. I went 7,500 the one before that with ams oil synthetic. I put motor craft in it last time thats when my ticking came along so I think Ill be switching back to synthetic next weekend and do an engine flush.

·
<--Under the Knife Again
1,400 Posts
Was the motorcraft oil synthetic or normal? If it was normal that could have been part of the problem I no when u put synthetic in ur not supposed to switch back cause the engine is used to the synthetic, being its a better finer oil

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It was just sitting in there. I think the change from ams to motor craft might have something to do with it because it ran perfect with the ams then I changed and it started ticking. The day I get it back Im doing a engine flush and putting synthetic back in.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts