Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wheels have some spots on them and i was wondering of there was any way of removing them or if theres anything to do just to make the wheels look better. I didnt buy them, they came on the truck so not sure what theyre made of. Pretty sure theyre not stock though. Any help would be appreciated. Here they are:

·
Registered
389 Posts
They are american racing outlaw IIs...have em on my truck...they are aluminum so id try some aluminum polish...also some people strip the clear coat off and then apply a new coat

·
Registered
30 Posts
I used the Mother's brand ball and compound on my rims. It takes a bit of time but they cleaned up pretty well.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, took someone long enough to post id forgot i made this thread lol. I guess ill try the polish then the acid if poloshing doesnt cut it. What kind of acid though, like what you put in batteries, i have some of that in the barn i could use.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The best advice I can give is to go to NAPA and get a couple of cans of their gasket remover spray. Spray that on them and let them sit for a few minutes, you will see the clear coat start to release and you can just wipe / spray it off. Once the clear coat is gone you can polish them as you would any aluminum. I did this on an old Madura motorcycle I turned into a rat bike. The aluminum looked to be in REALLY bad shape but it was all in the clear coat.

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well ill definitely try that cause the closest semi wash i found was bout an hour and a half away. Ill get some today, if it works ill post up a pic or two.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Try using "proform" its pretty heavy duty stuff, I use it to clean under the hood/oil/grease/whites of tires. Spray it on then let it set for 20 sec and scrub it, works wonders for me.

·
Registered
90 Posts
You can use some fine steel wool if you cant fine any acid. But yeah plasti dip is a pretty cool option.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No plasti dip for me, maybe on a white truck. I've decided to just leave them be and have been looking for another set of wheels and tires so I can just use these as my winter wheels.
I did use some purple power and let set on each wheel for maybe 30 seconds to a minute then used some aluminum polish and it helped bring a little shine back to them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts